Who We Are
GoKid is a complete carpool solution for schools, teams, and active families, helping parents to carpool with other families that they know and trust.
Our app is live in the App Store and available on iPhones now, and we're raising money to build out a version which will be accessible to Android and other smartphone users as well as on desktops.
What We Do
GoKid provides a platform for parents to easily set up carpools and invite other parents they know and trust to join and share the drives.
There are no hired drivers, just parents collaborating with other parents they already know. Users simply register a family account, set up a carpool schedule, and invite other parents they know to join. Our technology does the rest.
We set the schedule, optimize the route, and notify the parent whose turn it is to drive. We show the driver where and when to pick up the other kids.
For a later premium version of GoKid you will also have live-tracking so you will know when to send out your child and when he or she has been picked up and dropped off at the event.
Why should you use GoKid?
If you already carpool, you know that carpools can get very complicated with long chains of emails and text messages. We simplify and manage the process for you–taking the stress out of carpooling.
If you don’t already carpool, you could be saving yourself several hours of driving each month if you share your child’s rides with one or two other families.
This is a problem faced by millions of families around the US: In the US, 50% of all schools do not offer buses to get students to school. In fact, 32 million kids are being driven to school by their parents every single day. This means long lines in front of the schools at pick up and drop off times, causing traffic and emissions. Not to mention the added stress as active parents try to juggle their work-life balance.
What We’ll Use this Funding For
We're raising money to build out a mobile web version which will be accessible to Android and other smartphone users as well as on desktops. Your money will be used to:
- Fund the design and technology implementation
- Test with live users
- Launch the application to all users by the end of 2016
Why You Should Care
- Teaching kids values: Going green starts with your own behavior – For every gallon of gasoline burned, 17.68 pounds of carbon dioxide are released into the atmosphere. With just one extra person in the car you substantially reduce your own carbon footprint–and you’re setting a good example for you own child.
- The driving adds up–an estimated 80 billion hours of time is spent by parents driving their children to and from school and activities. We help families to win back time.
- Driving can become expensive quickly. It costs about 49 cents per mile to own and operate a car, and about 12 cents for gas, oil, and other maintenance. Splitting the cost with other drivers by only having to drive once or twice a week can quickly make a difference!
- Carpooling creates friendships and communities.
Thanks for being a part of our journey to redefining how children get to school and activities. With your help we can offer this solution to even more active families!