IFundWomen seeks a Software Engineer who wants to use their powers for good. You will be responsible for the implementation, design, development, of the various IFundWomen products and features. We love rapid-prototyping and working across multiple platforms, infrastructures, and disciplines to find the right mix for us. You will be working closely with the Product, Sales, Marketing or Partnerships teams depending on the project.
The role will report to our Head of Engineering.
Work closely with the Product team to deliver quality features in high-quality code and best practices
Instrument strong coding best practices, guidelines, and standards throughout the team
Ensure that all code is clearly tested from end-to-end
Flexibility and comfort across stacks should allow you to help solve issues at all levels, including code modularity and reuse.
Work comfortably across multiple levels of the Development stack
Ability to ship high quality, well-tested code
3+Years of developing Web Products, SaaS, or equivalent
Database knowledge: MySQL, PostGREs, BigTable, etc
Can work in a fast-paced environment
Understanding of SOA, RESTful APIs, and micro-services
Understanding of Cloud Computing, Containers, CI/CD, Deployments, preferably on Google Cloud Platform
Understanding of the Drupal CMS system including custom module and theme development
Has a good understanding of operational issues, load balancing, cost, performance, etc.
Has worked in the Agile Framework (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
Head of Product
IFundWomen seeks a Head of Product who will propel the next phase of rapid customer and revenue growth for IFundWomen. We are looking for a visionary who is dedicated to and deeply passionate about closing the funding gap for women entrepreneurs.
IFundWomen is a marketplace for women entrepreneurs and the people who want to fund them. We sit squarely between the Fintech & EdTech spaces, providing access to capital, coaching, mentoring, and lucrative connections to a network of women business owners that sparks confidence, accelerates knowledge, and ignites action.
As Head of Product, you will be building the product culture at IFW from the ground up leading the way in developing a world-class product experience. You will be responsible for the ideation, research, testing, and implementation of new products, strategies, processes and systems as well as overseeing the active management of our current core products.
Our Head of Product will need to balance flexibility with decisiveness as we dig deeper into our product-market fit. You should demonstrate strong leadership & communication skills and feel comfortable working cross-functionally across several teams including Engineering, Sales, Marketing, & Partnerships. You should feel as comfortable taking a birds-eye view setting broad strategic vision for the organization as you do being a hands-on efficient builder.
The role will report to our CEO, who does not like “yes people” and wants to be challenged on the product vision. This is your time to come into a fast growing, early stage startup and make history. This role for now will be located wherever your home office is - and eventually, hopefully our beautiful NYC Office in Chelsea.
- Lead overall strategy for new product & feature development to hit IFundWomen’s core KPIs, drive growth, customer engagement, and new user acquisition
- Increase profit margins & user experience of each core product
- Increase market opportunity through driving the roadmap, develop viral products and continuously improve product and data quality
- Collaborate closely with our users and customer success to deeply understand and address user needs & strengthen the IFW relationship to customer data in order to lead data-driven decisions
- Inspire and build out the product team over time
- Establish a regular cadence of user testing and product feedback
- Accelerate the customer acquisition funnel to drive new customers to IFundWomen
- Enable the company to scale in terms of delivering products to market & improving internal processes. Work well with engineering teams based remotely in the Ukraine to maximize efficiency and speed to market
- Utilize data science to provide advanced predictive and prescriptive capabilities and make the data come alive
- Bring execution discipline and process improvement to the product organization, shifting where needed, but delivering the roadmap on time
- 10+ years of experience in a formal product role at an agile development environment
- 3+ years of experience as a Head of Product or Lead Product Manager responsible for managing a team of other product managers & engineers
- Experience and confidence in scaling products that have found product-market fit
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally across several teams including Engineering, Sales, Marketing & Partnerships, as we are a B2B2C platform.
- Experience with Venture Capitalists and pitching for fundraising.
- Demonstrated technical understanding and knowledge of the definition and function of APIs, data architecture, services-at-scale, technical risk, etc.
- Strong data background & familiarity with data and testing tools like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, Segment, Optimizely, Hotjar, etc. to drive data-informed product decisions
- Masters in Business Administration, Strategic Design Thinking & Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Science, or a related field
- Technical experience in Python, R, SQL, Java to aid in data analysis and automating scripts for quick-build MVPs or internal admin projects
- Certificates, Coursework or demonstrated experience in Human Computer Interaction, UI/UX, Data Science, Strategic Design
- Previous experience as a startup Founder
- Previous experience in the Fintech, Edtech, Saas, or service industries