My name is Jimanekia Eborn, I am a comprehensive sex educator, trauma specialist, and founder of Tending The Garden.
Tending The Garden is a 5-night retreat in Costa Rica dedicated to healing space for survivors of assault and relationship traumas. As a survivor myself, I was always searching for looking for community, healing, education, and growth. So I created it!
Our ultimate goal is to raise $60,000 to cover all applicants luxury accommodations, classes, workshops, one-on-one healing, and travel expenses.
For Survivors - You’ll learn grounding exercises, mindfulness practices, boundary setting, coping skills, and tips on dealing with triggers. You will develop an understanding about the mind-body connection, how to decipher your body’s signals, and body movement techniques to release stuck energy. You will also spend time reconnecting with your body, rediscovering your voice, and learning how to communicate in the bedroom in a way that respects your boundaries and triggers.
For Our Allies - If someone you know and love has experienced assault or personal relationship trauma, you know firsthand that sometimes you may not know what to do and or how to support them. And that is ok, it is very real. But, allowing someone to know that you are there and YOU BELIEVE THEM is number one. Doing your own research and finding resources for when they are ready is also really magical.
In order to create this space, we need your support.
We are raising $30,000 to cover
- at least half the cost for all paid applicants will be covered by Tending The Garden, bring paid applicants cost from $5k to under $2500
- cost of bringing magical Facilitators to Costa Rica, affording them the ability to take a week off to join us, and paying these femmes of color for their incredible and powerful work
- assisting with the flights for our scholarship folks
- cost of flying our producers & staff to San Jose
- cost of the charter flights (from San Jose to retreat center) for producers, staff, and facilitators
- event insurance to cover facilitators, producers, scholars, and paid applicants
- tools, workbooks, and resources for survivors to bring home after the retreat to add to their continued healing practices
With your donation and support we will be able to create a space that otherwise does not exist...
Spaces like this, when they do exist, are not affordable...
And this is only the beginning...Tending The Garden will expand and have multiple retreats focused on different communities - LGBTQ folks, FAT folks, MASC folks and so many other communities that do not get the support that they need.
I started crying on my birthday May 31,2019 the day we launched this retreat into being a reality. And I have been crying on and off since then. I am beyond thankful for everyone that has assisted with making this dream a reality.
When I say "Let's Heal Together" I mean that. As a survivor myself, I know that healing is a ME thing, but having a WE is really powerful and amazing addition to the healing process.
To learn more about the retreat or to apply, click here: https://www.TendingTheGarden.love