The Music City Icons Women’s Basketball Team
The state of Tennessee is known for outstanding women's basketball. Nashville, TN is the home of the Music City Icons Semi Pro Women's Basketball Team.
Our goal is to "Build Opportunities Beyond Basketball" not only in the lives of the basketball players but in the entire Nashville community. The team is comprised of 15 outstanding players who played high school and college basketball. The Music City Icons gives women the opportunity to play in their hometown with the options of one day playing in the WNBA. We provide a second opportunity for these women to continue to play basketball and be leaders in the Nashville business community.
2017 will be the second year that The Music City Icons will be a part of the Women's Blue Chip Basketball League (WBCBL), which is the premier professional development basketball league for women in the United State. The WBCBL's mission is to provide highly competitive basketball for women. Our goal is to play 16 games from May 2017 to August 2017.
In addition, the WBCBL has built a networking relationship with professional international basketball scouts and agents to broaden the possibility of higher-level professional jobs being offered. Since 2005, we've helped hundreds of players to Go Pro!
The Music City Icons basketball games will be fun and entertaining for the entire family to enjoy.
The purpose of the Music City Icons Women’s Basketball Team is to provide our players with opportunities beyond basketball. Our program designed around opportunity and development.
Music City Icons developmental goals are to better and develop
- Each player's physical and mental skills and abilities
- Each individual's character skills. We expect each player to learn how to compete, be disciplined/ dedicated and understand the importance of team basketball. We encourage our players to respect the game and in return the game will respect them. We give our players opportunity in a couple of facets:
- Opportunity to have knowledgeable and dedicated coaches.
- Opportunity to play at the highest competitive levels.
Come and see us Play Ball!
Prior to the Music City Icons launching their new season in May 2017 we will be participating in the 11th Annual Jambalaya Sports and Entertainment Women’s Basketball League starting on March 9th to May 4, 2017. Games are played from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM. The tournament will be held on the historical campus of Fisk University.
Help us to Reach our Goal
- Be involved in one of the fastest growing sports in Nashville, TN.
- The number of young women who have involved themselves in basketball has increased volumes over the last 5 years.
- The general excitement for women’s basketball received a boost in popularity when the number of winning women’s basketball teams has increased in the Tennessee area.
How we will use the funds raised?
Expenses for Launching the Team Basketball Season
- Practice Gym
- Traveling Vehicle
- Home games referees
- Gym for home games
- Marketing for home games
- Items for concession stands
- Hiring a Coach and Assistant Coach
- Team uniforms to include sneakers, practice uniforms and backpacks
- Team merchandise to sell
- Logo designed
- Marketing package
- Hiring a Fan coordinator
About the Owner
Renee Bobb is the owner of the Music City Icons Women's Basketball Team. Renee started her basketball career in middle school in Staten Island, New York. She also played in High School and Division 1 at Cheyney State University. The highlight of Renee's career is playing NATO basketball for the United States Navy and serving her country as Telecommunication Operator. Not only is Renee passionate about the game of basketball but also the opportunity to make dreams come true of others.
Currently Renee is a nominee for the prestigious 2017 ATHENA Award.
Renee is the winner of the 2015 Nashville Business Journal Veteran of the Year Award and the 2012 Tennessee Titan Quarterback Volunteer of the Year Award. In 2005 Renee won the Small Business Administration, Virginia Women in Business Champion of the Year Award.
The Music City Icons Semi Pro Women’s Basketball Team will consist of 14 outstanding basketball players.
- Head Coach
- Assistant Coach
- Team Doctor
Opportunities for College and University students gain valuable experience working with a women’s professional basketball team:
Public Relations/Marketing Specialist, Sales Representative, Media Consultant, Equipment Manager, Statistician, Facility Manager, Media Program Announcer, Director of Community Affairs, Videographer, Photographer, and Fan Coordinator.
The Music City Icons Semi Pro Women’s Basketball Team prides itself on providing opportunities beyond basketball.
Future goals of the Music City Icons Women's Basketball Team
- Mentorship program for girls who play basketball and come from single parent homes.
- Volunteering in the community to feed the homeless, participating in summer tutoring program and helping the elderly and less fortunate.
- Create global brand
- Help players to start and manage their own businesses
The Music City Icons will have a huge impact on sports in the Nashville community. Provide an opportunity for fans to enjoy a great game of basketball while supporting a dynamic group of ladies who will empower others and lead a life of excellence in hopes that other will follow in their footsteps.