My name is Emily Sanders, a massage therapist, small business owner and entrepreneur from Highlands Ranch, CO. This is my high-level overview of a business plan that I’ve been dreaming of for 10 years. This will change the way the salon/spa industry operates so I can help people in the most amazing ways.
The funds raised from this campaign will be utilized for the acquisition of the preferred and available office/medical/retail space in the South Metro Area of Denver, CO (Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Centennial, Englewood, Parker, Littleton), as well as required start-up costs associated with the build-out (furniture, decor, massage tables, etc.).
Aria Spa Suites:
- Includes Spa retail avenues featuring non-toxic, environmentally safe products.
- Women owned business starting in Denver, CO and franchising around the country.
- Dramatically increasing earning potential for women and men in the beauty industry.
- Empower and create options for entrepreneurs.
- Creating affordable onsite child care options for working mothers and guests.
- Marketing Plans to encourage high school students to be business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- Health and wellness programs, including specialized programs for cancer patients, victims of abuse and kids with autism/ADHD.
- Confidence building programs for teenage girls at risk for high-depression, self doubt, and having a poor self image.
- Community reinvestment endeavors.
Finally, a Spa and Wellness Center that provides you with a one-stop-shop of therapy, beauty, health and wellness plans, childcare services and overall relaxation. Improving and evolving on the already established Salon Suites Concept made popular by Phenix Salon Suites, Sola Salon Suites, Solera Salon Suites, and More!
The aforementioned salon franchises have an established concept that allows for professionals in the salon industry to operate their own business free from rules established by the salon owner. As an experienced Massage Therapist, I have operated my own business within this concept for 6 years. While it has demonstrated a high level of financial freedom, the overall concept in its current state (Salon oriented bringing a noisy environment) does not work for all professionals working within the Spa industry (massage therapists, aestheticians, acupuncturists, waxing and injection specialists, etc.).
The concept to have a business directed to the salon professional is not a new idea. For more than ten years, this business has progressively been developed into a proven concept and different franchises started all over the country. Salon Suite industry growth has been estimated that roughly 30-35% of all cosmetology professionals are currently operating independent of a traditional salon facility, but if industry growth continues, that number is expected to increase to over 60% by 2019, and up to 75% within the next five years. The vast majority of these independent operators will be salon suites tenants, so the long-term opportunity for suites developers is outstanding.
Each salon suites concept has a common theme. They are all SALON specific and the benefits marketed to mostly hair stylists/professionals. They may mention a SPA professional (massage therapist, acupuncturist, esthetician, etc.) in some of their materials but it’s simply an afterthought. There is not currently a specific spa oriented suites concept that enables SPA professionals to operate in a tranquil and traditional Day Spa environment. The current suites floor plan and environment created is loud, busy and creates disturbance in the treatments that Spa professionals are attempting.
Professionals working within the capacity of independent business owners provide:
- A higher level of customer service as they are working for themselves.
- Skillful treatments and offer years of experience to their trade.
- Charge affordable rates as they have very low overhead costs.
- Each professional will earn a significant higher salary.
Onsite Nanny Services
There is an overwhelming need in the marketplace for a concept like this. In most cases, it is extremely difficult for consumers to schedule spa services when they have to watch their children during the time the facility has open appointments. However, with the implementation and opening of this concept of a Family Day Spa and Salon, clients will no longer have to wait for their spouse to come home, for the kids to go to school, etc. It is not a new idea to incorporate onsite child care into a business environment. Fitness Centers, Hospitals, Retail Outlets, Corporate Companies, etc. have incorporated this amazing service to their clients and employees. Moving forward, different industries are recognizing that child care is a necessary service for their customers and employees.
This business is geared towards clients of all walks of life but, especially stay at home moms, dads, grandparents, professional working parents, children, and teenagers. It will provide the client with an option to bring their child with them to their appointment, check the child into the on-site childcare room called the “Kids Creative Space” (supervised by childcare specialists) and then proceed to their scheduled service.
- Remember Betty - A 501(c) 3 tax exempt organization whose mission is to help minimize the financial burden associated with breast cancer for patients & survivors allowing them to focus on the recovery & quality of life aspects of their journey.
- Generation Rescue - Curates a movement dedicated to providing comprehensive treatment opportunities to families dealing with Autism. As an innovative and results-oriented organization they have been successful in bridging the gap between philanthropy and expert-driven services by collaborating with like-minded stakeholders. Together, their vision fosters a sense of belonging and hope for future generations.
- Hands for Heroes It is a nationwide organization of health care professionals who have donated their time and skill to provide therapeutic bodywork for our Nation's Veterans.
- I Am That Girl – A chapter-based 501c3 non-profit organization that provides leadership as well as social and personal development programming to girls in high school and college throughout the United States.
- Sales Training – Work with the area cheer, poms, gymnastic, volleyball, basketball, etc. teams from high-schools assisting them with fundraising efforts to send them to State and National competitions. This would act as a referral program and allocated marketing funds will be utilized in the fundraising efforts. In return, they would market our programs as any sales associate would do within the capacity of their job.
- Mrs. Colorado America Pageant. This is the ultimate MOM group and sister-hood group. The contestants of this pageant are all married women and we believe that partnering with this organization will help provide the queen with avenues to assist in their overall efforts to fundraise and serve their selected charities.
- Colorado Miss Amazing Pageant This organization provides opportunities for girls and women with disabilities to build confidence and self-esteem in a supportive environment.
We will also work within the capacity of a retail store wherein skincare, overall health/wellness products will be sold in addition to the services rendered. Depending on the floor plan (ensuring a separation of the noisy environment from the spa area); the implementation of a full salon (hair and nails services) is fully intended to be a part of the addition to the start-up. This way, salon customers can take advantage of the onsite nanny services as well.
It is my assertion this concept would be incredibly popular and has unlimited franchising potential. The vision for roll out is as follows; the first (1st) location would open in Denver, CO (South Suburban Area) and subsequently build into a franchise and move throughout the rest of Denver and into other states.