Belle Ampleur seeks to create signature garments that will last a lifetime, and define the plus size woman’s style.
Here's the problem:
The fashion industry has failed to recognize that 64% of American women are now above a size 14 --they love fashion-- and want access to high end design right now, not when they have reached an arbitrary "ideal" size.
Retailers have made ugly, uninspiring garments for plus size bodies for decades, and then used bad sales as an excuse to not develop fashion forward clothing for plus size bodies. Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy!
The Three main problems are:
- Lack of access to design for plus size bodies
- Poor quality garments
- Ugly and uninspiring design
Belle Ampleur solves these problems by providing:
- Garments designed specifically for plus size bodies, not just sized up from straight sizes
- High quality garments using natural fibers such as silk and cotton, allowing for breath-ability and longevity of wear
- Fearless, aspirational, and dramatic design, created ethically in the USA
For the last 4 years, we have been growing Belle Ampleur from a few custom garments a year to planning our first e-commerce launch.
We are raising money on iFundWomen to create an e-commerce website, purchase pattern-making software, hire professional fit models and photographers, and more!
We are so excited to invite you on this journey, as we raise money to change the face of fashion, one stitch at a time.
Thank you for your support, and your belief in our mission to create signature garments that will last a lifetime, and define the plus size woman’s style with fearless, aspirational, and dramatic garments, sized 14-32+.