Visa • IFundWomen
GRANT CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS
THE VISA • IFUNDWOMEN GRANT CONTEST (the “Contest”) is sponsored and administered by IFundWomen (“Sponsor”) and supported by Visa (the “Supporter”). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor and not to the Supporter. Entrants may enter the Contest beginning at 12:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on February 22, 2021 and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through 11:59 pm ET on March 12, 2021 (the “Entry Period”). Odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
1. The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law, is subject to applicable federal, provincial/territorial and local statutes, rules, regulations, and other laws (each a “Law”) and is governed by these Official Rules.
2. ACCEPTANCE OF THE OFFICIAL RULES; LAWS: By entering the Contest, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Contest. By entering the Contest, each entrant also agrees to comply with any and all applicable Laws in connection with his or her participation in the Contest. Entry in the Contest does not constitute entry into any other promotion, sweepstakes, or contest.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any natural person of any gender who is a resident of Canada and meets all of the following eligibility requirements:
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion at any time, to disqualify any entrant/business if Sponsor determines that allowing such entrant/business to participate in (or continue to participate in) the Contest could bring Sponsor or Supporter into public disrepute or in any way impact the good standing or reputation of Sponsor or Supporter in the eyes of the general public. Sponsor’s decisions on all matters arising in this regard shall be final and binding without right of appeal.
Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies, the prize providers, any other company or organization involved with the design, sponsorship, or operation of the Contest, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Parties”), employees of Visa or its affiliated companies, and immediate family and household members of any of the aforementioned individuals, are NOT eligible to enter the Contest. "Immediate family members" shall mean a person’s spouse and a person’s and their spouse’s parents, stepparents, legal guardians, children, stepchildren, siblings, and stepsiblings, and each of their respective spouses. "Household members" shall mean those people who share the same residence, whether or not related.
6. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, each entrant must complete and submit the Contest Entry Form found on the Contest Site (https://ifundwomen.com/visa-canada), including completion of all of the elements in the Contest Entry Form (“Entry”). Only one (1) Entry per person is permitted. The written portion of the Entry must not exceed 1,000 words in total length for answers to the questions (specific caps are included for the questions). You may include photos or videos, as requested also.
7. ADDITIONAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS; REPRESENTATIONS BY ENTRANTS:
5. Entries that do not comply with these requirements (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) are void and will be disqualified. Media must be of high resolution and no more than 10MB per file. Photos must be provided in PNG or JPG format, in videos in MP3 format. Entrants may be required to submit proof of compliance with these requirements, and failure to provide such proof on request may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualify an entrant’s Entry.
6. Neither submission of an Entry nor any other participation in the Contest creates any confidential, fiduciary, agency, employment, or other relationship or contract between Sponsor or Supporter and any entrant, and by submitting an Entry each entrant acknowledges that no such relationship or contract exists.
7. By entering the Contest, each entrant represents and warrants to Sponsor that:
8. JUDGING AND RECIPIENT DETERMINATION:
In all cases, potential Recipients must meet the requirements of these Official Rules to officially qualify as the Recipients, subject to verification. Each Entry will be given a score (a “Score”) by the Judges in their sole discretion. The top ten (10) Entries based on Score will each be an eligible Recipient.
9. ANNOUNCEMENT – It is anticipated that Recipients of the Contest will be announced across public marketing channels operated by Supporter and Sponsor on or about Monday, April 26, 2021, following the Recipient determination period.
10. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES: Subject to compliance with these Official Rules, the top ten (10) selected entrants based on Score will each be eligible to receive:
11. GENERAL PRIZE CONDITIONS: All details and other restrictions of the prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The awarding of prizes is not intended to, and shall not be deemed to, create any employment or similar contract or relationship between Sponsor and any Recipient. No prize is exchangeable, assignable, or otherwise transferable, except at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute for any prize one or more items or services of equal or greater value. The value of each prize may be taxable to each Recipient as income. An applicable tax form will be issued by the Sponsor in the name of each Recipient for the value of the prize(s) received. Each Recipient shall be solely responsible for any applicable taxes (including federal, provincial and local sales and income taxes), and the reporting consequences thereof, for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize(s), and for any other liabilities incurred in connection with any prize.
12. RECIPIENT NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Each potential Recipient (“Recipient”) will receive a notification from Sponsor (a “Prize Notification”) sent to the email address indicated by each potential Recipient in their applicable winning Entry. Each notification will contain a skill-testing question to be answered by the Recipient. Each potential Recipient will have at least five (5) working days to respond in writing to the Prize Notification once it has been sent to the potential Recipient, including providing an answer to any and all skill-testing question(s) asked by the Sponsor and any additional requisite information deemed necessary by Sponsor in order to accept their prizes. Sponsor and Supporter shall have no liability for any Prize Notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by a potential Recipient for any reason. In order to claim a prize, each potential Recipient may be required to verify for Sponsor their permanent address and social security or taxpayer identification number, for purposes of compliance with tax regulations. Upon Sponsor’s request, each potential Recipient must also execute and return, where legally permissible, a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, and/or a publicity release and assignment of rights. If a potential Recipient is found to be ineligible, has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines the prize(s) for any reason prior to being awarded, such potential Recipient will be disqualified and forfeit his or her prize, and an alternate Recipient may be determined by the Sponsor from the pool of remaining entrants based on the Judging Criteria described in these Official Rules. Sponsor may successively attempt to contact up to five (5) potential Recipients in accordance with such procedure, and if there is still no confirmed Recipient of a prize after such attempts have been made, Sponsor may announce an alternate means for awarding that prize. The distribution of the prize(s) will be at the sole determination of the Sponsor to the individuals deemed to have won the Contest by the Sponsor in accordance with these Official Rules.
14. LICENSE GRANT: By submitting an Entry, each entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor, Supporter and each of their designees the unconditional, irrevocable, and perpetual right and permission, royalty-free, to use the Entry and any other data, information, images, content, or materials included in such Entry, in any media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world for brand promotional purposes and related activities. Sponsor and Supporter are not obligated to use any of the above-mentioned data, information, images, content, or materials, but may do so and may edit them in Sponsor's or Supporter’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Each entrant waives all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's or Supporter’s use of the Entry or exercise of any rights granted to Sponsor or Supporter, and each entrant agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor, Supporter or Sponsor Parties with respect to such use.
15. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, each entrant (i) agrees that neither the Sponsor, Supporter or Sponsor Parties, nor any advertising or social media platform, such as Facebook or Twitter, on which the Contest is advertised or through which it is accessed, shall be responsible for, and (ii), to the maximum extent permitted by Law, releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, Sponsor Parties and Supporter and each such advertising or social media platform from and against, any and all claims, injuries, damages, liabilities, costs, expenses, or losses of any kind (including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property) that may occur, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from:
16. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OTHER SPONSOR PARTY, NOR SUPPORTER SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE CHALLENGE, ANY PRIZE, OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH SPONSOR, OR SPONSOR PARTY OR SUPPORTER WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND ALL SUCH DAMAGES ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. ALL PRIZES ARE GIVEN AWAY “AS IS.” THE SPONSOR, SPONSOR PARTIES AND SUPPORTER DO NOT MAKE AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT) WITH REGARD TO THE CONTEST OR ANY PRIZE.
17. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who Sponsor finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Contest or the Contest Site, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by Law.
18. TERMINATION/MODIFICATION: Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest, subject to the approval of the regulator in Quebec, at any time for any reason, including without limitation as a result of natural disaster, equipment failure, civil disturbance, fraud, financial, or administrative difficulties, technical problems (such as a computer virus/ bug), unauthorized intervention that corrupts the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or other causes not within the control of the Sponsor. In addition, if, in the exclusive judgment of Sponsor, the Contest (or any portion thereof) becomes compromised in any way, Sponsor reserves the right, subject to the approval of the regulator in Quebec, to cancel the Contest, to void any Entries submitted fraudulently, and/or to select Recipients from among all non-suspect eligible Entries received prior to the act that compromised the Contest. Should the Contest ever be terminated prior to the Recipient selection, Sponsor will post a notice on the Contest Site and will make alternate arrangements to award the prizes based on the Judging Criteria. Subject to the approval of the regulator in Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right to make changes in these Official Rules and repost on the Contest Site. Any such changes will become effective upon notice via online posting at the Contest Site or other means of wide dissemination.
19. INTERPRETATION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
20. DISPUTES: To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, each entrant agrees that:
21. NO ENDORSEMENT: Nothing contained in these Official Rules or in any of the Contest materials should be construed as an endorsement by Sponsor, Supporter or any third party, product, or service. Prize suppliers (other than Sponsor) are not administrators or sponsors of the Contest. Visa and its client financial institutions have not sponsored or offered this Contest in any way.
23. SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS: The Contest may be advertised on or accessed through one or more social media platforms, such as Facebook or Twitter. However, the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, any such platforms. Entrants agree to comply with all terms and policies governing such platforms in connection with the Contest.
SPONSOR: The sponsor and administrator of the Contest is IFundWomen, 41 Watchung Plaza #524, Montclair, NJ 07042 Attn: IFundWomen