Date of last revision: February 22, 2020
If you do not agree to be bound by this agreement, do not access or use any part of this website. IFundWomen reserves the right, with or without notice, to make changes to this agreement at IFundWomen’s discretion at any time. Continued use of any part of this website constitutes your acceptance of such changes. The most current version of this agreement supersedes all previous versions. We encourage you to check all online policies and similar documents relevant to your situation periodically to keep informed about their status.
In order for you to create an account on IFundWomen and use our services, we need to collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on IFundWomen, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through IFundWomen, apply for a grant, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services;
- information about your activity on and interaction with iFundWomen, such as your IP address and
- the type of device or browser you use;
- communications you send to us (for example, if you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to IFundWomen in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
- any payment information you provide
- your password details
- your IP address
- your phone number
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide IFundWomen’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors).
If you apply for a grant, your phone number and other personal information may be shared with the sponsor of the grant, but we will explicitly tell you this before you apply for the grant.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect IFundWomen’s legal rights.
- When you fund/back a campaign, the campaign creator will know your account name, the amount you have pledged, your email address, and the reward you have selected. Creators never receive backers’ credit card details or other payment information.
- If you have funded/backed a campaign, the creator will receive the email address associated with your IFundWomen account. They may also send you a request for information needed to provide your reward. (such as your mailing address, or T-shirt size)
- When you create an account, your profile page on IFundWomen, contains your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of projects you have funded/backed or launched yourself. Whenever your account name appears on IFundWomen (for instance, when you post comments, send messages, or fund/back projects), people can click your account name to see your profile.
- Some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on IFundWomen include:
- the account name, and the date it was created
- the information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location)
- campaigns you’ve funded/backed, and pledge amounts; not rewards chosen
- campaigns you’ve launched
- any comments you’ve posted on iFundWomen
- if you have “Liked” a campaign update
- Campaign creators are also asked to verify their identities before launching a project. Once completed, the campaign creator’s Verified Name will be publicly displayed on their account profile and on any projects they launch.
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with our Services;
- send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, in accordance with your email preferences;
- present campaigns to you when you use the Services that we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or other third-party accounts without your permission. IFundWomen Campaign Creators never receive funders/backers' credit card details or other payment information.
We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt-out of any marketing communications we send. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You may also occasionally receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt-out at any time. We may also send you service-related announcements when necessary.
We may engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintenance, database storage, and management, advertising sales, e-mail marketing, e-commerce functions and credit card/payment processing. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties to the extent necessary for them to perform these functions and subject to their agreement to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
Our policy is to cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and, in certain circumstances, private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose your personal information to government or law enforcement officials or private parties to the extent we determine, in our sole discretion, is necessary or appropriate in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings (including subpoenas) or to establish, enforce or defend our legal rights and interests or the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally questionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules, and regulations.
Safeguarding the confidentiality and use of your personally identifiable information is very important to us. We employ reasonable administrative and technical measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized access.
Like many other websites, we may also use “cookies” to collect additional website usage data to improve the Site and its functionality. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk. Cookies help us to: (1) speed navigation, keep track of items you are purchasing, and provide you with content that is tailored to you; (2) remember information you gave us so that you don’t have to re-enter it; (3) determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications; and (4) monitor the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of banners displayed. You can stop accepting cookies by setting your Internet browser accordingly, but this will likely result in our not recognizing you or your preferences on future visits to the Site
Our Site may contain advertisements and links to other websites. This is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of any affiliation with those advertisers or the operators of those websites. We do not exercise control over third-party websites. They may place their own cookies or other files on your computer and collect or solicit both personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information from you. Other websites have their own privacy policies and practices and we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites and services you visit.
- You agree that IFundWomen is deemed a passive website that does not give rise to jurisdiction over IFundWomen or its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, employees, agents, directors, officers, or shareholders (“et al”), either specific or general, in any jurisdiction other than New Jersey State. You expressly waive the right to seek equitable remedies/special damages/injunction against IFundWomen et al, as well as a waiver to seek any punitive or consequential damages.
- You expressly agree to that any and all disputes or claims shall be resolved exclusively by final and binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that a User at its election may assert claims in small claims court in New Jersey if the user’s claim qualifies for adjudication in that court. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this agreement to arbitrate.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, the parties agree to arbitrate claims on an individual basis only, and they waive any right to bring, participate in, or recover under a class, collective, consolidated, or representative action.
- Any arbitration will be conducted by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) under the rules applicable to the claim asserted (http://www.adr.org) If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than or after arbitration, the dispute shall exclusively be brought and heard In a court of competent jurisdiction in the State of New Jersey. Except as otherwise provided by law or the AAA’s rules, the prevailing party in any arbitration will be entitled to receive from the non-prevailing party all of its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs.
- You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and IFundWomen as a result of this agreement or use of this website.
What personal data does iFundWomen collect and store, and for what purposes?
IFundWomen collects the following data:
- Mandatory data - IFundWomen collects your First Name, Email address, City, State, Postal Code, IP Address. This data is used in communications, customer support, marketing, advertising, and to derive product insights.
- Optional data - IFundWomen gives you the option of entering a username, a display name, an avatar photo, your race, your ethnicity, and links to your Facebook, Twitter, LInkedIn, Instagram, and personal websites. This data is optional.
Where can I find a list of IFundWomen's Service Providers?
Here is a non-exclusive list of our service providers, and what they are used for. This list is subject to change as our business evolves.
- New Relic: Logging and security monitoring
- Pantheon: Storage and archival of iFundWomen user data and metadata
- Sendgrid: Email delivery services for communications related to iFundWomen users
- Stripe: Credit card payment processing
- PayPal: Payment processing
- Drift: Support chat services within IFundWomen.com
- Facebook: Authentication and Advertising
- Mailchimp: Email delivery services for communications related to email marketing and advertising of iFundWomen and our partners.
- Zendesk: Customer support services within IFundWomen.com
- Zapier: Workflow automation
May I opt out of IFundWomen Communications?
Yes, users may opt-out of communications by either "unsubscribing" from the footer of an email or by filling out this form.
Can I edit my IFundWomen Data?
Yes, you can edit your data at any time from your profile page here.
Can I delete my IFundWomen account?
Yes, if you wish to delete your account, please fill out this form, and our customer happiness team will be glad to do it for you. Please allow 7-10 business days for your account to be deleted.