Open Doors Exhibitions (The ODE)
The ODE is a themed pop-up gallery showcasing artworks based on local cultures and subject matters to stimulate awareness and create a unique and enriching experience to suburban communities for social impact.
The ODE creates physical space for exhibitions, workshops, and events in support of diversity of thought and culture, as well as a platform for unheard voices.
With your help, our goal is to bring The ODE Pop-up Gallery to towns throughout Massachusetts.
Art is supplied not only to educate, but to bridge cultural gaps through collaborative efforts, creating opportunities for growth and social change.
REASONS TO GIVE
We want to make a difference in the community & the world at large, that's why 100% of your contributions are used to provide outlets for creative expression and exploration for social impact through our mission-driven programs.
- Foster community engagement by providing access to art, as well as free events and workshops
- Create a space for dialogue and thought on immediate social and cultural issues
- Promote diversity, inclusion, individuality and community; commonality within the human condition
- Use art to bridge cultural gaps through collaborative efforts
- Provide opportunities for growth and social impact through our curated exhibitions
- Engage people in social involvement outside the urban scene
- Support and promote talented, emerging New England artists by exhibiting their work
- Grant 2 x 1 Avid Artist Scholarship Award, helping more female artists be seen and heard
WHAT'S MORE? 2 for 1 SCHOLARSHIP MODEL
For every $1000 in membership dues or 2 New Membership Subscriptions received at Avid Level and above, we will provide a Full scholarship- Avid Artist Membership to a female artist in Massachusetts who meet socioeconomic needs. This 2 x 1 Scholarships allows more emerging artists the opportunity to exhibit their artwork and participate in our social impact platform.
Becoming a member gives you easy access to our programs, exhibitions, additional submissions to open calls, exclusive members-only events, socials, merch, and so much more.
We are raising funds through iFundWomen to help develop and launch the first year of Open Doors Exhibitions. Your contribution will help us…
- Lease gallery space in locations throughout the surrounding Boston area to execute our Pop-Ups Galleries, including event insurance, utilities, necessary space renovation & design
- Cover personnel for program direction, art scouting, marketing, and research
- Invest in equipment, supplies, and art handling for exhibition
- Bring in expert guest speakers, catering, and entertainment for successful opening receptions
- Cover overhead costs so we can continue to carry out our mission to provide art & social impact throughout Massachusetts & beyond, including providing free events and workshops to the Greater Boston area
About Art in Suburbia
Art in Suburbia’s Mission is to provide art, education, and awareness to suburban communities throughout Massachusetts for social impact.
Founded in 2017 by Linda Ferrer, Art in Suburbia is a start-up nonprofit and art association whose objectives are to provide an outlet for artistic and creative expression and exploration, foster community engagement, and promote social and sustainable development through its mission-programs.
Meet the Founder
Linda's first art show was at the Omni in Miami, FL at the age of 8 when she created a water-color piece of a South American native couple; a depiction of her roots. Sharing Native Peruvian and Middle Eastern descent, Linda's background opened up many questions about her own identity, race, and creed. Devoted to the arts, Linda curated avant-garde and experimental art shows in Greenville, SC before studying art history and religion in the Mediterranean and eventually moving to Massachusetts where she's made it her home state.
Linda received her Master's degree in Coexistence and Conflict Resolution from Brandeis University where she studied Critical Approaches to Diversity, Urbanization and Development, and Mediation. Linda combines her love of art and passion for peace-building, founding Art in Suburbia in 2017 and dedicating herself to this cause.
THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF OUR HEART!
“Our organization is committed to bringing awareness to issues that require attention in our communities and society as a whole, and to do so through the power of art. We are eternally grateful for all who generously give to our cause to realize our mission.”
--Linda V. Ferrer; Founder, Executive Director