It is our honour to introduce you to Goals4Girls!
Our mission is to create a more equal playing field for young women and girls in sports, education and employment. We do this by raising the aspirations, confidence and motivational skills of young women and girls.
Goals4Girls breaks down social and personal barriers through creating an inclusive female environment in which young women and girls from areas of high deprivation have the opportunity to achieve their goals and make their voices heard.
In order for Goals4Girls to reach more young women and girls, we need your support.
This funding campaign will allow us to work with an additional 170 girls on our inclusive football, education, and therapeutic mentoring programme.
Let's get started!
1. LACK OF EDUCATION AND AWARENESS
A huge number of young women and girls rarely invest in sport due to lack of education around the benefits of sporting participation. 8 out of 10 girls with low body self-esteem avoid participating in sports all together even though it helps individuals succeed off the pitch as much as it does on it.
2. LACK OF POSITIVE FEMALE ROLE MODELS
Female invisibility – media representations and lack of female role models in sport - at all levels – creates a warped narrative of what women can achieve. In order to be it, you have to be able to see it. This is one of the reasons why Goals 4 Girls is a female led programme.
3. LACK OF OPPORTUNITIES FOR GIRLS
The ‘game plan’ is to create opportunities in sports, education and employment for our girls raising aspirations in the process.
4. IDENTITY SURROUNDING CULTURAL, SOCIAL, EMOTIONAL & PHYSICAL BARRIERS
Society has created a one-dimensional stereotype for women in sport. These stereotypes make women of different shapes, backgrounds and cultures, feel like they are limited in what they can achieve. By breaking down these labels and redefining female roles in society. We are opening the doors to a world of possibility, empowering girls to pursue their dreams with passion and confidence.
5. SAFE SPACES
Creating a safe, FUN and inclusive space where young women and girls can thrive.
One thing is clear, sports can play a significant role in the growth and development of young women and girls, carrying significant physical, mental and social benefits well into adulthood.
Therefore, balance is key! By combining both sport and education, we can ensure more young women and girls are physically active on a regular basis. This will improve attitudes towards learning and as a result, develop healthier habits in order to support their journey into adolescence. This process will create future positive role models.
WHEN SHE SEES, SHE BELIEVES AND WHEN SHE BELIEVES, SHE BREAKS BARRIERS!
We OFFER young women and girls who live in areas of high deprivation, opportunities to take part in a positive football development programme.
- 38 hours of football coaching throughout the academic year, run by positive & inspirational FA licensed female coaches. We provide sustainable development pathways into grassroots and professional clubs.
· 38 hours of term-time mentoring programmes run by experienced & inspirational female mentors. Key topics covered are mental health and wellbeing through our ‘Mindful Me’ programme - co-created by the young women and girls participating in the programme.
· One-to-one therapeutic support delivered by our qualified female mentors & mental health practitioners.
· Inspiring talks given by women from the world of football, media & those senior leadership positions.
· 3 workshops delivered over the course of the academic year, exploring identity, career development and mental health & wellbeing.
· FA Level 1 qualification, leading to the achievement of the 1st4sport Level 1 Award in coaching football qualification.
· 2 inspirational ‘meet & greets’ involving inspiring women from the world of sports, media & senior positions.
· 2 parents’ evenings/consultations to ensure we are embedded in the life of our partner schools and the parents of our participants are well informed re-progress.
· Annual award ceremony celebrating the achievements of the girls throughout the academic year.
At Goals4Girls we are able to provide long-term intensive support reaching more young women and girls with the work we do. We are seeking funding to raise $60,000 to extend our programme to an additional 4 schools, in total working with 170 girls from areas of high deprivation all in the hope of levelling the playing-field: socially, physically and in regards to employability.
At G4G we nurture skills that last a lifetime! Most importantly having FUN underpins all our work
Your support will allow us to inspire young women and girls to achieve their goals, break down social barriers and make their voices heard.
It starts with you, it continues with HER.
FUND THIS CAMPAIGN & GET ADIDAS CREATORS CLUB POINTS
Everyone wins when you support women who reimagine sport.
Help us fund their projects and earn Creators Club points.
Not a Creators Club member? Sign up here
Creators Club members based in the United States will be rewarded with points according to contribution amount through March 22nd:
$1-25: 250 points, $26-50: 500 points, $51-99: 750 points, $100+: 1000 points.