There is a crack in everything. That's how the light gets in. – Leonard Cohen, "Anthem"
Sometimes you want a reminder of how strong you are.
It can be your statement to the world, or your personal meditation.
Cymbals of StrengthTM is a new collection of jewelry and décor to express courage and inner power with symbols of strength from world cultures. Everything is made from bronze recycled drum cymbals.
I am inspired to work with cracked and broken cymbals to celebrate their resilient beauty and the stories they tell. In my pieces, their music plays on in a different form.
Which cultural symbols are featured?
The first four symbols in the collection are (left to right):
- The Lotus from Buddhist culture, representing beauty and strength
- Athena, goddess of wisdom and strength in Ancient Greek mythology; the owl is her symbol
- Dwennimmen, an Adrinka symbol from Ghana representing humility and strength
- The Triskelion from Celtic culture, representing perseverance and strength
The front of each pendant, the outside of each cuff, and each picture frame are engraved with artwork of a symbol. The back of each pendant, the inside of each cuff, and each picture frame are engraved with the attributes of its respective symbol.
I do all of the engraving and production work in-house.
Why an IFundWomen campaign?
I need to raise funds to convert my garage into a functional workshop and buy equipment to produce Cymbals of Strength.
Supporters of this campaign will be the first people to own the Cymbals of Strength collection. I can't wait to make these pendants, cuffs, and photo frames for you! Please check out the rewards to see the range of work.
A Cymbals of Strength piece can be a meaningful gift for someone special in your life (including yourself).
About Wesla Bay Weller
I have been making jewelry and art objects from reclaimed and upcycled musical instrument parts for over 10 years. My customers are music lovers and the people who love them, as well as people who appreciate work made from recycled materials. It brings me great joy to help people connect with their love of music.
Giving Back to the Community
A vital part of my mission is supporting arts in schools and the community. For this project, I will donate 3% of proceeds (after campaign fees and taxes) to A Window Between Worlds. This organization helps survivors of trauma discover and explore their own strength through art.
Where Your Funds Will Go
Your pledges will go towards finishing my workshop space, purchasing equipment, fulfilling campaign rewards, paying fees and taxes, and the AWBW donation.
I appreciate your support to help me reach this goal.
There is strength in numbers.
IMPORTANT ORDERING INFO:
To select your choice of symbol, style, or size, as needed:
- Click on Select This Reward for your chosen reward level.
- On the page for that reward, find the "Message to the Entrepreneur" box.
- Enter the needed information in that box.
- If you miss that step, don't worry. At the end of the campaign I will contact you to get any information that I need to fulfill your reward.