Why you should take this workshop
Looking for free money for your startup? Grants are undoubtedly the BEST match for this type of funding. Grants are debt-free funds to help you bring your idea, project, or company to life. Grants can support critical recovery initiatives, innovative research, the arts, new and exciting business territory and more. They can be distributed from government entities, private companies or individuals, academic institutions, and even non-profit organizations. But how can do you secure this highly competitive and elusive “grant” funding, even if you’re in the early stages of your business? Join IFundWomen Startup Coach and experienced grant writer, Virginia Almendarez, to demystify the grant landscape. In this workshop, you will learn how to find the right grant for your business, how to hack the application process so grant writing is easier, and how to write a winning grant application!
- 45 minutes of dedicated expert instruction from grant expert and Startup Coach, Virginia Almendarez; 15 minutes of open Q&A on your specific company
- A copy of the IFundWomen Grant planner inside the IFundWomen Method Playbook
- Access to the live replay in the IFundWomen workshop library
You will learn
- Tools, databases & websites to find the right grant for your business
- How to hack the application process so grant writing is easier using the IFW Grant Planner
- How to write a winning grant application based on the criteria of each grant
- What common documentation you'll need to keep on hand in order to apply for a grant
Demystify the who, what, when, and where of grants to understand the broader private and public grant landscape and the broad range of grants that are available.
We'll share our tools, resources, and websites for finding the best grant for your business whether you're early stage, post-product, non-profit, for-profit, research-based or otherwise!
Learn how to write a strong grant application from the pitch to supporting documents and learn how to identify and match your application to the outlined grant criteria.
Explore common terms and conditions that may accompany a grant after you've won it and make sure you're equipped to meet those terms.
About the coach
Virginia Almendarez is a Startup Coach at IFundWomen and an experienced fundraiser with over 15 years of experience working with iconic NYC institutions such as The Apollo Theater, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater and NYU. As a professional coach, Virginia is skilled in Nonprofit Organizations, Management, Event Planning, Life Coaching, and Business Development.