Why you should take this workshop:
The more data you have, the better, right? Wrong! As startup founders, we should always be seeking to take this one step further and shift to building emotive content and connections through optimal use of data, both qualitative and quantitative. Understanding your customer’s drivers and motivations is key to creating meaningful experiences, driving business outcomes, and creating long-term brand affinity. However, you can’t accomplish this if you don’t truly understand your target audience. Join IFundWomen and CEO & Founder of Hiboo AI, Andra Vaduva, for this interactive workshop to learn how to use data to gain clarity around the customer you're serving so you can rise above the noise and more effectively connect with your audience.
- 45 minutes of expert-level course instruction, 15 minutes of open Q&A
- Andra's Interactive Customer Empathy Map Template
- Access to the live replay in the IFundWomen Workshop Library
What you will learn
- Learn how to go beyond shallow buyer personas to fully understand your audience
- Discover the framework for building empathetic marketing strategies and connections
- Understand how to leverage empathy on various digital platforms
- How to use review mining and tools like google analytics and facebook insights
Learn the foundations of customer empathy and what the benefits can be while building your company.
Learn how to use first party and third party data tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Insights to understand your customer.
Learn how to use your data to build empathetic marketing strategies and connections.
Learn how to turn the data you've collected into marketing insights.
About the coach
Andra Vaduva is a two-time entrepreneur, growth marketer, startup consultant, and Forbes 30 Under 30 2019 Honoree with over 7 years of experience in the marketing and tech industries. Andra is also the Founder of Hiboo AI, an AI-enabled, empathy-based enterprise solution that reduces anxiety and depression at work for women. After building a career in tech at various early-stage and VC-backed startups in NYC, she started a consultancy company - Empathy Global - where she helps entrepreneurs, predominantly women and minorities, ramp up their businesses with applied empathy and data.