Women’s Worth is dedicated to the advancement of low-income women in Nicaragua.
We provide business training and savings groups so that women can improve their lives and the lives of their families.
Our participants are women living in rural and urban areas in Nicaragua. They are mothers, grandmothers, and daughters living in one of the poorest countries in the Western Hemisphere. Most have started small businesses out of necessity since there are few opportunities within the formal economy. They have strength, dedication, intelligence, and resilience but are often lacking the resources to succeed as small business owners. That’s where we come in. Women’s Worth offers business training and a savings program to support women on their path to economic independence as small business owners.
Our training workshops teach women how to:
- Calculate interest rates
- Assess business opportunities
- Conduct a Strength Weakness Opportunities & Threat analysis
- Make informed business decisions
- Improve their negotiating skills
Our savings groups:
- Are led by the group participants
- Create a culture of savings
- Allow women to reach their financial goals
About our work:
- Our work is guided by the needs and wishes of the women we serve
- We conducted an 80-person study before beginning our work
- We provide childcare during the workshops so that the women can focus on learning
- We’re a volunteer-run organization
Last year we held 38 workshops in three disadvantaged communities in Nicaragua. Over 100 women attended the workshops. This year each woman in our savings group has saved an average of $150! That’s enough to put a new zinc roof on a house or pay for school supplies to send a child to school, or to invest in a new product for a small business. It makes a difference!
With your contribution:
- 115 women will take part in our programming
- 41 children will receive childcare
- 4 new savings groups will be created
- 28 workshops will be held
- 5 communities will be served
Help us make a difference!
Thank you for your support.