Have you ever wonder, where a woman surpassing cancer or chemotherapy can get nail care?
Has it crossed your mind to be in fear of getting your nails done after chemotherapy?
Do you know of a family member that used to love getting her nails done before becoming diagnose with diabetes but doesn't have a safe haven for her feet?
The disappointment in many women not having answers to these questions motivated Letisha Royster, owner of Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa to create a solution.
To create a solution, she developed a safe and clean nail salon for high risk women in need of nail care services and is bridging a gap missing in the nail industry. The certified safe salon, Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa is a natural nails spa. It's created to provide a high infection control and nontoxic environment, hygienic nail services with eliminating soaking, high moisturizing results, and making the ultimate relaxing experience for high risk clients (ex.cancer survivors or diabetics) . Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa mission is for women to no longer have a feeling of fear of their health while getting pampered!
High Infection Control
The #1 priority is safety at Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa. High infection control is performed above the state board regulations for a nail salon.
- Autoclave sterilization is used to remove bacteria from metal implements used on clients. Also used in dental offices and hospitals.
- Implements (clippers, nippers, and or cuticle pushers) are NEVER reused on clients without going through sterilization process.
- Single use items (buffers, files, pumice stones) are disposed after EVERY client.
Hygienic Nail Services
Waterless nail services are the most hygienic service to receive in a nail salon and that's what high risk clients need.
- Eliminate soaking to reduce the spread of bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
- Sanitize your hands or feet with a natural antiseptic to start a manicure and pedicure service.
- Retains moisture in your skin from lack of soaking and/or enhance moisture once moisturizer is added during the service.
- Eco-friendly, reserving 10 gallons per manicure service and 12-15 gallons per pedicure service.
- Longer-lasting polish wear due to the lack of swelling of the nails from soaking.
Vegan and Nontoxic Products
Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa contributesto your well-being, by designing a registered green spa. Our products are used from vegan, nontoxic, organic, and/or cruelty free brands.
- Your choice of polish color(s) are from vegan polishes that are 7Free, 10 Free, or 12Free. Vegan polishes use less chemicals than your everyday nail polish that affect reproduction or hormones.
- Your services will include utilizing vegan or natural scrubs, masks, and moisturizers.
- Paraben free products.
Ultimate Relaxing Experience
Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa offer the ultimate relaxing experience that makes you unwind from your days anxiety. No loud talking over you or TV play!! Your experience will be surrounded by peaceful spa music.
- A quiet and intimate spa-like essence setting in a peaceful environment.
- Hydrating & Light refreshments for you to unwind .
- Steam towels for your aching muscles of hands and feet.
- Massaging to reduce swelling or help low blood circulation, bringing happiness to the body and soul.
Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa creates a physical safe nail spa haven away from home for women who've survived or live with autoimmune diseases. Spa characteristics:
- Modern chic
- Cozy, luxe furnishing conducive to relax and unwind
- Spa environment
- Reclining pedicure chairs
- Polishes served on trays vs shelved on walls to keep clean from dust and to serve women as a beautiful Queen.
- Color schemes feature shades of blue, gray, and white to welcome clients to a sterile and relaxed environment
JOURNEY TO WATERLESS
Developing Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa started late 2015, close to finishing studies to become a certified advanced nail technician. During my studies, I was introduced to an unknown clientele suffering from autoimmune diseases and needed nail services that are waterless (soakless). Even though, I was attending school to learn how to do my own nails due to the lack of quality service during my services. I began to recognize how infections can be passed easily within nail services and how important healthy plays a vital part in beauty. I saw there was a huge opportunity with merging health and beauty to improve nail care services in today’s nail salons, especially for women having fear entering into a nail salon being a cancer survivor, diabetic, and/or suffering from other autoimmune diseases.
In early 2016, I became a licensed nail technician. I already had a previous B.S degree in Accounting and working with one of the top brands in the world for 13 years experience of multi fields in finance, marketing, and administration. There are not many in the nail industry who have the advanced knowledge, practice safe nail care for chronically ill women, or developed a safe salon for them to visit. It became my mission to develop a safe nail salon from knowing the dangers and neglect many have faced. As I was evolving in business, it became evident producing creative awareness to educate chronically ill women and doctors, to utilize advertisement and marketing, labor of sales, and recruiting effective nail technicians to become certified advanced nail technicians to service chronically ill women would be critical in the success of Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa.
I launched in mid-2016 at a nail salon suite in the heart of Atlanta, GA. I finally started giving chronically ill women a hope, the chance to eliminate fear and neglect to be pampered. I show women, I care about their beauty just as them. I can’t tell you the countless talks with clients filled with overjoy in finally finding a trusted safe salon and that caters to them after searching for so long. Even doctors become surprised of the waterless nail salon and services existing. Some find trust to send their patients to Waterless Medi-Pedi & Nail Spa vs traditional salons because of the knowledge I share in understanding the vital role health and sanitation plays during a nail service. Currently, I’m in my second year of business. I’ve moved into a new and bigger location to expand in serving more women, preparing to make the salon a full-time location and hire assistance.
Your contributions will help raise funds needed for majority in marketing and sales, operations, and safe products. Thank you for support and go waterless with www.waterlessmedipedispa.com!
Letisha Royster - Founder & Owner
T-Shirt "POLISHED PASS CANCER"
Mug "POLISHED PASS CANCER"
T-Shirt "POLISHED DIABETIC
Glass Nail File