W H O W E A R E
The Project is a dance program created specifically for individuals with Down syndrome in Nashville, Tennessee. Our goal is to spread joy in our community through movement. Through various projects, we will collaborate with dance educators and local artists to create fun and unique experiences for our participants.
P R O J E C T 1 - T H E S U M M E R C A M P
We're launching this summer with Project 1 - The Summer Camp. During the week of June 25 - June 29, artistic director Lauren Beasley and lead teacher Megan Jayroe will teach creative movement and set choreography in various dance styles on a group of young adults with Down syndrome. At the end of the week, a videographer will come in to film everything we've learned, to create our very own music video!
W H Y W E M A T T E R
We believe that the world needs The Project. Many people don't realize it, but dance creates well-rounded people. It teaches important life skills like communication, problem-solving, the ability to work with others, but most importantly, it builds confidence! By supporting The Project, you are helping provide this type of experience to a group of people who may not get this opportunity otherwise. Not only will our participants have the chance to learn through the art of dance, but they will get to show off everything they learn with their family and friends through the music video!
W E N E E D Y O U R H E L P
We are asking for your help because we want this to be an unforgettable experience for our participants. So far, we have had an UNBELIEVABLE response, hitting our goal of $5,000 in just one day. MIND. BLOWN.
Why stop there?! Let's make it $10,000!!!
By making a donation to The Project, you are contributing to the following needs:
- Our 501(c)(3) filing fees
- Funding for Project 1 - The Summer Camp (which includes but is not limited to the following):
- Space rental for our location
- Compensating our videographer & lead teacher
- Branded T shirts for the music video
- Snacks and "brain break" activities for the participants (i.e.: art supplies, puzzles, journals, etc.)
- Special guest appearances by local performance artists to "coach" our participants on how to work the camera for the music video!
- Funding for Project 2!