- What is the mission of your company or project?
Our mission is two folds. One, is to have women better access products and brands made by women of color for women of color. Two, is to have women of color owned businesses get the exposure that they deserve.
- Describe the problem you are solving.
We are solving a problem that Josephine, the founder, herself has/had. Finding products that are for women of color made by a women of color.
- What is the market size/opportunity?
47% of women owned businesses are owned by women of color. There is a HUGE market. The issue is finding them. They do not have as much exposure as their counterparts.
- What is your company/product about and how does it solve the problem?
Self Boxx curates products made by women of color and sends it to subscribers to try. This also helps our subscribers learn about companies and brands that they probably did not know existed.
- Why are you seeking funding and how will you spend the funding?
We are seeking funding to start the company. Buying boxes and creating the pamphlet, as well as building our website and app.
Josephine Elliott our creator and founder.
Thank you for your contribution. We appreciate every dollar truly. Especially in this time.