Creating a Corporate Wellness Movement through Food
Office admins face real challenges in providing healthy, diverse lunch options to employees: lunch-time ordering is difficult and time-consuming, especially when taking into account employee preferences and dietary restrictions.
Poor lunchtime nutrition can increase obesity and healthcare costs while decreasing productivity.
Providing healthy lunchtime meals is a long-term investment in employee wellness that can increase a company’s performance, productivity and profitability.
We created Rootastes, an online health-focused lunch catering service which provides fresh and energizing lunch programs as a perk for the staffs of fast-growing and culture-centric companies in Greater Boston.
Rootastes is designed for companies run by people who believe that taking good care of their team is smart business and the right thing to do.
- CONVENIENCE: "Set and forget" with recurring, pre-scheduled lunch delivered. We provide a seamless ordering experience. We’re creating a simplified way to order that can be done with a few clicks.
- TASTES & VARIETY: We create meals that are nutrient-dense, locally-made and globally-inspired. Our dishes feature exciting and unique ingredients and flavors that increase employee health. With Rootastes, you're getting a hyper-personalized lunch experience that satisfies every eater.
- ENGAGEMENT: We enable employers to create more opportunities for collaboration through lunch. The midday meal is one of the best ways to bring employees together and build culture
- HEALTHY: Healthy team means being more productive, Less doctor visits, Lower health care costs.
It Started with Two Friends
Mint Pattanan and New Wachira were masters of the 9 to 5 - working in corporate environment, with one question: "Could the work lunch be better?”
It's an expectation these days that work is hard and fast. But lunch doesn’t have to be that way. Imagining an office where employees want to stick around and share a table of inspired food, Pattanan and Wachira founded Rootastes in 2016.
Mint has more than 8 years of experience in Corporate Social Responsibility and digital marketing in hospitality industry. She is also active as a volunteer in the startup community in Boston, which gives her constant visibility and intel into what makes startup workers happy and productive.
New became a culinary entrepreneur at the age of 11. He graduated from Le Cordon Bleu, Boston and brings 15 years experience in kitchen operations and management.
Now - Rootastes has served more than 200 forward-thinking companies within a year in Operations. We are on the mission to change the way office employees eat their lunch. Our mission is to improve workplace's wellness and increase employee's productivity through corporate lunch consumption.
In 2017, within 6 months in operation, Rootastes was nominated to be one of Bank of America's 100 Boston's High Impact startups.
With Your Precious Help,
- $15,000 - will help us purchase a company catering van to transport food more effectively to your team, especially during the Winter time in Boston.
- $35,000 - will allow us to work with a full-time developer to implement a new ordering system, which will help organizing our order and increasing the efficiency of our operations team.
- $60,000 - To increase the size of our team because we believe that investing in people is very important to the organization.
Finally, SUPPORTING OUR CAMPAIGN means you are supporting a women-founded and led company that wants to do good and improve corporate workers' wellness.