- Gwaan Good Productions makes apps and games that put women, culture and minorities at the center of the story.
- Equitable representation is lacking in creative digital spaces especially in the gaming world which is more influential than ever. This creates a need to engage and encourage, especially youth from diverse backgrounds, to harness their individuality in creating their own future.
- Wouldn't it be great to break barriers by having fun? This business model pursues social change in an approachable and effective way by challenging inequality and cultural misinformation through mobile technology.
- $5000 is needed to keep the company progressing. So far, Gwaan Good Productions has focused on women/girls through the following:
1) Second Shift Calculator: An app for spouses to record and display the hours of unpaid work done weekly as a transparent conversation-starter for more balance in relationships.
2) VSGO Girl: A fun arcade scroller game that celebrates teen girl fashion and expression.
3) STEM Girls Dress Up: Most recently, a dress up game that allows girls to visualize themselves using avatars in their dream STEM job using uniforms and accessories. It also features affirmations as further encouragement.
Funding will enable the next phase which will focus on culture. It will also afford an Apple Developer account, the outsourcing costs of programming/troubleshooting and a marketing budget to extend outreach.
This is a one gal operation, a challenge in addition to college and living expenses which is why funding is vital to keep this project going. I have no formal training in computer science and external technical help comes at a cost which I cover myself since I really believe in this passion project and its ability to have a transformative effect.
Therefore, any support will be greatly appreciated!
Your kind consideration and help will go a long way.