Who We Are
Focusing on repair rather than punishment, our mission is to create a cultural, heart-led shift in the ways we respond to sexual violence.
I am Marlee, the founder of this movement and the human featured in the video above! Full video here. If you watched, you know that my sexual assault case concluded with a powerful restorative justice process in 2019. The man who raped me went through extensive therapy before we met in a mediation circle, focused on accountability, transformation and closure. After experiencing more healing through this process than I even knew I needed... I am advocating for a world in which restorative justice is an accessible and well-known option following sexual assault.
What We Do
We provide education on the power of restorative justice to centralize accountability, rehabilitation, transformation, and the voices of survivors. We raise awareness and enhance access to restorative justice for sexual violence, within the context of gender reconciliation. Through public speaking, advocacy, workshops, conferences, educational media content, and more, we uplift cultural standards of empathy and break the chains of dehumanization.
What We Need & What You Get
With your support, we can cover the startup costs required to make major impact. By contributing to this movement, you can help create a world that believes in people's capacity for transformation, centres survivors voices, lessens incarceration and enhances public safety.
- We are asking for funding to cover start-up costs, including: legal (incorporation and charity registration), graphic design (website and logo), media content (creation of educational videos to build awareness, such as the one included here), merchandise, accountant costs, payment for delegated roles (ie. donor relations, outreach), and more.
- PERKS: We are excited to offer Marlee's poetry e-book, sharing her journey through sexual violence, long-distance energy healing and online courses.
After experiencing sexual violence, survivors options are limited;
1) Report to the police and trudge through the criminal justice system or 2) Don’t report at all. The former path consists of often re-traumatizing trials, scripted statements, hyper-focus on punishment, and the conclusion of either incarceration or acquittal. The latter can be disempowering as silence is normalized and sense of safety may be threatened.
Acquittal rates are absurdly high and the failed promise of prison is clear within rates of recidivism. Restorative and transformative justice offer a powerful and much-needed alternative to these options, in which the focus lies on repair, closure, healing, accountability, and lasting transformation. CLICK HERE to learn more...
Other Ways You Can Help
Firstly, we want to remind you that ALL SIZE donations are GOOD SIZE DONATIONS. Anything you are able to contribute is met with great value and appreciation.
- Share this campaign! Help us build awareness and spread our message by sharing through your social media platforms, newsletters, and networks.
- Individual/Corporate Sponsorship: Want to give back in a bigger and more sustainable way? Email us for information regarding sponsorship.
- Book us! You can book us for public speaking or workshop facilitation. Visit our website to learn more about the work we do.