1. How does Outgift work?
Users can go to www.outgift.com and take a quick, fun survey about who they are looking to purchase a gift for. Outgift's smart algorithm will then immediately show the user the best gifts in our product portfolio for that recipient based on data around the recipient's demographics, personality and interests.
2. Is there a fee to use Outgift?
No, Outgift is free and users don't need to sign up for an account to get personalized gift recommendations. However, users that do sign up for a free account enjoy benefits such as:
- Storing recipient profiles
- Automatic email reminders of upcoming gift-giving occasions
- Immediate access to personalized gift suggestions on their personal account pages
- Ability to "Like" or "Mark As Purchased" products for future gifting or reminders
- Access to Holiday Outgift Guides
3. How does Outgift find the products that are recommended on the website?
Outgift understands that our gift recommendations are only as good as the underlying products within our portfolio. That's why we dedicate a lot of resources to continually scouring scores of retailers for new products and best-sellers as well as keep on top of publications such as retail, consumer and tech blogs in order to stay ahead of products that are trending and in demand. We also make sure to vet product reviews so users can rest easy.
4. Does Outgift have a mobile app?
No, Outgift is currently only website based. We plan to incorporate a mobile app as we continue to refine our algorithm and product selection and raise further funding.
5. What will Outgift use the additional funding for?
With additional funding, Outgift will be able to:
- Enhance our algorithm to better analyze and incorporate data around social media, demographic and consumer purchasing behavior
- Create strategic partnerships with retailers
- Grow our existing product portfolio to accommodate a wider selection of potential recipients
- Create effective and creative social media and advertising campaigns in order to increase user acquisition
6. How can I claim my gift if I donate $100 or more?
Once we receive your generous donation, someone from the Outgift team will send you an email prompting you to set up an account on Outgift. From there, we'd like you to take the survey for the intended recipient (which can be yourself!) and inform us when you are finished. We'll consider the suggestions from our algorithm, future products in our pipeline and any other details you want to give us about yourself in order to send you a gift you'll love.
6. How can I claim my consultations if I donate $250 or more?
Our founder will personally contact you for a 30-minute consultation around a gift giving occasion for each recipient that the reward indicates. The consultations can be scheduled up to a year from your donation date.
7. When can I expect to receive my mug or gift?
Once our campaign has ended on December 31, 2016, we will begin sending out mugs and gifts over the course of the following six months. It is highly likely that you will receive your mugs or gifts at a sooner date. In any event, we will notify you once your reward has shipped.