O.A.A.A.R.S is a web based platform that helps organizations, youth centered institutions, nonprofits and businesses grow their organizational and employee impact by connecting them to skilled, temporary contracted consultants of color with the expertise to fill their needs. With this, we also hope to provide a consistent source of revenue for independent grassroots organizers, activists, artists, and advocates. O.A.A.A.R.S hopes to centralize the search to hire and work with these talented professionals in these particular areas of work focused in social justice, equity, access, arts, education, and healing.
We help these spaces find quality, experienced consultants of color rooted in the arts, social justice and equity to run training or provide a temporary service of their needs under the umbrella of O.A.A.A.R.S and streamline the process to do so.
The major issues we are tackling through this app are: unsafe spaces in the workplace; equity and access to resources within all schools regardless of socioeconomic status and a lack of sustainable compensation for independent grassroots organizers, activists, artists, and advocates.
We know that one of the biggest barriers to improving our society, outside of systemic oppression, is ignorance. If we do our part to provide a quality network of passionate, knowledgeable, and on the ground trainers of color to those willing to make change...who knows what kind of world we can create!
Equity is the core and heart of this initiative. O.A.A.A.R.S was born out of the need for equity in our schools, workplaces, and communities. As founder of this idea, Simone Gamble has a personal relationship to lack of equity. She saw the direct impact of what lack of equity looks and feels like when it is denied in our daily existence.
O.A.A.A.R.S gives contractors a resourceful pool of professionals of color who will aid in cultivating their most ideal worker and/or institution. Examples of some of the goals that will be made possible because of this platform include but are not limited to:
- A person who can manage pressure and stress in the workplace so that it does not decrease their productivity.
- A person who has a level of awareness that allows them to work with a diverse staff of varying identities..
- Help schools implement a well rounded curriculum that includes the arts as well as physical health and wellness.
- Give companies a competitive edge when it comes to providing staff with innovative training.
- Provide nonprofits and schools with training, resources, content and opportunities to set them apart in the competitive market of grants and fundraising.
- Quick and easy access to professionals looking to fulfill short term services
- Hire professionals external to organization providing staff development that will improve company culture
- Creating safer spaces in our schools, workplaces, and communities.
- Provide access to the arts and information on mental/ physical health wellness to underserved schools and community-based non-profits
I am seeking funding to build out a fully functioning web platform to create this online market place for both these entities to meet. We are in a time where the demand for these trainings and conversations are at an all time high. I want to centralize this search and hire process. With this tech, we can provide the space to do so.
I am seeking funding to pay professionals to support in this startup building process. Doing this alone, has been extremely trying so being able to pay folks with the proper expertise to support with the financial and tech side of things is vital at this time. I hold the passion and heart of this business so need to hire externally to fill my expertise gaps.
I am seeking funding to become a legal entity and filing with the state is a very costly process, so need support in this area. I also would like to pay for trademarking this brand so my work is legally protected.
For ever dollar this is donated, please know that it is truly helping to build my dreams and building towards a more equitable world. I know this solution is needed as someone who does this work, so to donate to this campaign shows you believe in this dream, in me as a black women, and the power of conversations and trainings to transform our world.