I originally developed MightyLytes inspired by my son Isaac, who has Down syndrome, and his older brother Pierce, the consummate young athlete. After a promising launch, a dispute with my lender-investors forced me to cease production more than two years ago, ultimately leading us to abandon the original brand.
Today, we’re striving to raise money (loan free, of course!) to resume production and get the weights back into the hands of the kids and adults who can benefit from our unique product.
MightyLytes are water-resistant, low-profile, lightweight wrist and ankle weights MightyLytes are water-resistant, low-profile, lightweight, non-toxic wrist and ankle weights that provide gentle resistance, sensory input, and stability for kids and adults of all ages, for therapy, for fitness and for fun. Their water-resistance means you can use them in the pool or hand-wash them with soap and water.
IF YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE…
What is the mission of your company or project?
I want to manufacture MightyLytes Wrist & Ankle Weights, unique in that they’re low profile, water-resistant, lightweight wrist and ankle weights that provide gentle resistance, sensory input, and stability for kids and adults of all ages—for therapy, for fitness and for fun. Their water-resistance means you can use them in the pool or hand-wash them with soap and water.
Tell me more about your corporate values.
- We are Family-Friendly and support Work/Life Mix, for livable lifestyle. We especially like to employ work-at-home moms.
- We Leverage Technology to create an efficient, modern workplace.
- We Expect the Best of people, and Recognize and Reward Excellence in employees, vendors and others.
- We like to Invest Local but Think Global. We support nearby vendors but also connect with resources worldwide.
- We believe we are all Different by Design and celebrate uniqueness.
- We strive to Elevate the Underdog, and help people maximize their abilities and overcome challenges.
- We are Good Stewards of our financial resources.
- We believe Human Value is Inherent and determined by God alone, not by abilities, attributes or achievements.
Describe the problem you are solving.
- Gentle strength training for anyone for which low profile, light and water-resistant weight is best. I wear them myself, when I’m running!
- Sensory input for kids with sensory processing disorder. For instance, kids with autism.
- Hypotonia (poor muscle tone and weakness)
- Stabilization for tremors due to Cerebral Palsy, Parkinson’s or other conditions
- …and a range of other therapeutic and fitness purposes
What makes them unique?
- They’re smaller, lower-profile and lighter than what’s commonly available, which makes them practical.
- They’re water-resistant and can be used in the pool and hand-washed--a major differentiator.
What is the market size/opportunity?
Very strong because of MightyLytes unique designs and water-resistance and broad application to kids, young athletes and seniors. While MightyLytes will be sold online, proximity to physical market here in Florida is a compelling advantage, since it’s very youth sports and fitness-oriented, with a large senior population, and a vibrant special needs community. My primary markets are:
- Infant and kids with various special needs
- Young athletes
Targeted through, F2F and online marketing to:
- Rehabs, PT and OTs and practices, and relevant events
- Special needs advocacy, community groups and events, including Early Intervention channels like school systems
- Seniors and related outreach events
- Youth fitness clubs, rec centers, sports teams and facilities
Specific market information and strategy, including SWOT analysis, is proprietary.
What is your company/product about and how does it solve the problem?
As described above, we fill a gap. Moreover, this business serves as a platform for my message that we’re all “Different by Design,” each person has inherent value, and that whatever challenges you face, you can overcome them to help yourself and others. As a published inspirational author, I share my experience, strength and hope through my writing and speaking. You can learn more at www.isabellayosuico.com.
Why are you seeking funding and how will you spend the funding?
I need $30,000. for a raw materials and manufacturing costs, marketing, insurance, and assorted other operational costs. I’ve also built in some contingency to ensure we can gain traction, achieve profitability, and allow for rapid scaling for growth.
What are your qualifications?
I am a longtime healthcare communications and marketing professional with extensive experience working with health-oriented businesses of all sizes. I hold an MS in management and public relations and a BA in communications from the University of Maryland.
A very engaged mom and volunteer, I have an extensive network of relevant community connections in education, advocacy and youth sports. I have a heart for kids with special needs, seniors, and the marginalized. I have been a youth and adult mentor for several years.
I’m also very wellness-oriented, an active runner who is more fit at 53 than in my youth. Very grateful for that.
As a contributing inspirational author for Guideposts books, a blogger, and speaker, I consider it my personal mission to share my experience, strength and hope to encourage others to leverage their life challenges to become all they can be and in turn, help others.
I’m privileged that I get many opportunities to do that all the time.
As a side note, I’m well-qualified by my hard-won experience with the legacy brand. See “Why Reboot?” below.
Who is on your team?
I have access to a wonderful talent pool of friends and colleagues with connections to each of my target markets. Initially, I’ll tap:
- A dynamic woman Doctor of Physical Therapy, who is also an ultra-athlete and advocate for women and kids with special needs.
- An occupational therapist who works at a prominent regional rehab
- A work-at-home mom who is a seasoned sales pro
- Man parents and coaches who are well-connected with the youth athlete community
I will grow my team as resources allow and growth requires!
I originally developed MightyLytes nearly ten years ago inspired by my son Isaac, who has Down syndrome, and his older brother Pierce, the consummate young jock. Originally an aspiring small mompreneur basement business, I was approached by some investors who offered money and support, driving my projections and original loan/investment amount 600%. Misguided, ambitious and hopeful, I moved forward. After a very promising launch and exceeding my own projections, a prolonged dispute with my lender-investors forced me to cease production more than two years ago, ultimately leading me to abandon the original brand. While I was not a victim, I believe I was misled, and was certainly way outgunned by aggressive, high-dollar lawyers.
There seemed to be no way forward. It was heartbreaking and I needed time to heal, uncertain about whether I still had the passion to try again.
All along, many customers were checking in, patiently waiting, and hoping I could get more inventory. That gave me a glimmer of hope and kept my flame alive.
Ironically, the Pandemic has revived my desire to pursue my original dream: A meaning-filled mompreneur small business offering a helpful product and an inspiring story. Nice that it supports my family, too, and serves as a platform for my message that we’re “Different by Design” and can overcome challenges for the better and to help others in the process.
Today, we’re striving to raise money (loan free, of course!) to resume production and get the weights back into the hands of the kids and adults who can benefit from my unique product.
The great news is I come back to it with all the hard-earned wisdom of hindsight and the sales channels, customers, and relationships still in place. It’s a reboot on steroids!
I hope you’ll be part of this next chapter! More than ever, small businesses are the lifeblood of community and economic growth.
I am deeply grateful for your support, enthusiasm, feedback and prayers!
Thanks for your support!
Isabella, Pierce & Isaac