It is close to the end of 2018, yet the cuisines and cultures of the motherland and the indigenous worlds are still foreign to most western societies. A neo-movement of spirituality and wellness have submerged in LA, but the indigenous communities are still erased in the mainstream platforms.
For 5 years, our team has dedicated itself to bringing unity in this world, setting up an effortless medium that creates problem-solving and critical-thinking conversation while providing mesmerizing performances through the medium of FOOD.
At Mbombo, we believe that food is one the few ways to create unity without any discrimination or judgment. People come together with the common grounds of enjoying what they like to eat and sharing great company. Over the years, we have traveled in many places to spread this movement. Conscious eating through mindful consumption and human connection.
Our team is now taking the vision to the next level by creating a collective space/movement known as THE HUT, and Venice is the perfect city to embrace it!
In the summer of 2019: we will open Los Angeles's very first indigenous hub that will bring people together through our cuisines, our traditions and our practices. THE HUT will be layered with 3 different segments:
- an immersive restaurant showcasing Mbombo's signature dinners , as well as resident chefs with aligned visions
- a second- floor for collective and private gatherings for events, meetings, and lectures that reflect on the enhancement of our world, with a special focus on transformational work and herbal medicines
- an outdoor garden that will be available for ALL communities, including wellness practitioners, and spiritual healers.
Having a physical base will bring the following blessings:
- becoming a voice for the African and Indigenous cultures via our interactive immersive dinners and related events while bringing unity within all races, cultures etc by celebrating LA's authentic diversity
- solidifying the movement by bringing a consistent calendar on a monthly basis as opposed to seasonal collaborations that can challenge our momentum
- Reduce rentals expenses to enhance resources that will be bought and not borrowed for additional cost for all residents of THE HUT
- establishing a residency program through membership to enable fellow chefs and artists with aligned projects to build conscious entrepreneurship with significant leverage
Since opening a restaurant is very expensive, the money raised will help us launch the bigger campaign to find the proper funds.The $30,000 will be used for the following:
- covering the cost of our 10-month dinner series campaign: we will host monthly gathering with special focus such as a media spread or cultural awareness to preserve our momentum to maximize our opening.
- covering labor cost behind our campaign: In order to maximize the success of our vision we need to have an-all star team of professionals such as a brand creative agency, a PR company etc..
- covering projection cost: to ensure clarity of our pitch and business plan, we need to hire professional to set our pitch deck, our architectural and interior designs and other projections need to reinforce our success in getting the proper funds
Our team is composed of 3 women with a special focus and forte
Gladys Nyoth: Founder and Executive Chef
Deanna Diaz: Executive Coordinator
Paige Murtaugh: Hospitality Manager
We also have a roster of seasonal chefs and artists that participate to the creation of our projects as contractors.