To build social and emotional wellness in our students by creating positive decision-making skills, while developing long term academic success.
- Classroom management and handling student behaviors is a major issue for teachers.
- Actual "tokens" used in classroom economies such as 'paper money', stickers, and behaviors charts are hard to manage for teacher, "tokens" get loss, and difficult to be consistent.
- There is no online behavior management system for middle school & high school students to increase positive behavior that is age and interest appropriate. ClassDojo and green ninja blob are not age or interest appropriate for all students.
- Schools and Districts , especially urban areas, need a consistent and unified way to track behaviors trends, build student morale, award students, and build academic achievement, while holding students more accountable for their learning and behaviors.
- Converts physical tokens to a digital token which is less work and management for the teachers.
- By using 'kash' as the token, has more value than points. Student's appeal and interest to the app, play a major part in the behavior and achievement changes.
- Teachers/Admin will not have to be bothered with incentive store demands, such hours, items being available, and management. Students can purchase teacher/school based incentives and prizes online through the app. Schools can elect to run their own incentive store or purchase a Kash-In vending machines, with not only the schools prizes but Kash-In merchandise and goodies, as well.
- Schools and Districts can be consistent and unified. Schools/Districts can have a set reward and consequence behavior system, this consistency ensures changes in behavior and campus culture.
- Behavior and Academic data information and tracker. The purpose of a good classroom management tool is to assist with behavior and build academic success. Teachers and Admin can view actions/grades for a particular student, homeroom, grade level, teacher, etc. and use data and its trends to plan intervention actions.
What is Kash-In?
Kash-In is a digital classroom management and engagement tool. Kash-In is software platform that will help teachers/educators reward students based on learning and behavior. Teachers can monetize different actions and behaviors, as well as quizzes and assessments. 'Kash' is either deposited or withdrawn out of student's account based on a positive/negative behavior or a correct/incorrect question response. The students can then use "kash" to purchase incentives and prizes online or from a Kash-In vending machine on campus. i.e Tom turned in homework + $25; Jane came to class late -$40.
How Kash-In Works?
When a teacher wants to reward a student on behavior, attendance, grades, etc… Teachers can do that in 3 simple steps…
#1 Select student(s) or “Select All”
#2 Select action or custom amount of Ka$h
#3 Press Send Ka$h
- Edtech market-a global value of $252 billion by the year 2020. (Forbes)
- 83% of classrooms use technology
- 900 million secondary students
- Teachers,Tutors, and Students focus audience 2M & up
- Classroom management tool is not available for secondary education; middle school & high school
- Schools and Districts-21K schools
- Parents, Coaches, Sponsors can also use Kash-In
Why we need wonderful people like you….
Two unfortunate events happened to the Modern Scholars: 1) Our first app developer took $20,000 of our personal money and did not deliver on the app. (and we are still waiting.) But, we are still confident in Kash-In and chose to press forward and continue. 2) Found the perfect app developer but now lack the funding. So, with your funding, the Modern Scholars will be able to finish the completion of the prototype, make updates/modifications to functionality of app and once prototype is complete have funding for marketing and promotion.
We are Jennifer, LaTasha, and Jeffery all teachers in Houston, Tx. that make the Modern Scholars, LLC. What are the odds of a correctional officer, a casino card dealer, and a substitute teacher, all meeting at a middle school in Houston’s Trinity Gardens, from all walks of life, love teaching and growing our students and want to make a change in their students’ lives? We're defying odds in creating an app to build the capacity of students' socially, emotionally, and academically.
Thank You! For taking time to learn more about the Modern Scholars and what Kash-In can do for education. Please feel free to give us feedback or drop words of encouragement @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover more information about The Modern Scholars at www.kash-in.com
Follow us on Instagram @the_modernscholars
Follow us on Facebook @Kashinapp2
Follow us on Twitter @modern_scholars