Building community not competition. Our art gallery will be a place to help grow young artists, educated and teach advanced art courses.
Art + Music
Project ClosedYou no longer can pledge on the project
What is Matthew J Capps Image Services Fine Art Gallery and Portrait Studio?
1. Matthew J Capps Image Services is primarily a photography studio owned by a husband and wife duo, that focuses on providing a premium customer experience while collaborating with clients to bring high quality personalized art into homes and businesses in and around Loveland Ohio.
2. Matthew J Capps Image Services is also an art gallery, providing patrons with a place to gather, view, discuss, and purchase fine art from local artists.
3. As a premier source for commercial photography services, Matthew J Capps Image Services is also a partner to local small businesses.
4. By providing regular classes and guided photo walks, Matthew J Capps Image Services is a source of education for aspiring photographers.
What is the Goal of our kickstarter?
The goal of Matthew J Capps Image Services is to become something more than just another photography studio. We feel that art, making something to be appreciated simply because it is beautiful or has an emotional effect on the viewer, is extremely important for our community, for our country, and for our world. For this reason, we plan to take our ego out of the art studio and share not just our art but the art of many established and aspiring local artists. We want our space to become a place where anyone who visits our wonderful town can view, appreciate, discuss, and if they feel moved, purchase the art of a variety of artists for their homes or businesses.
Who is our Market / Population size?
The population of Loveland OH averages 13,107 since the 2017 census. The surrounding cities often come to Loveland for food, art and entertainment.
Why does our business need financial support?
Matthew J Capps Image Services was self started without financial backing. Our goal is to get established without incurring debt and for our artists to be able to support themselves from their art sales so they can continue to create art. Our model is to grow partnerships with artists and help their success. Our stretch goals for the business are outlined below:
1. Expand enough to hire part time help.
2. Grow the business to employ other photographers and expand available services and offerings to clients
3. Grow our education division (full time art classes weekly for various art types, photography, drawing, painting etc)
4. Outgrow the Loveland studio and open a 2nd location in Mason or West Chester
5. Launch a technology branch of the company that will create and maintain websites and custom apps for small businesses.
Who is Matthew J Capps Image Services?
Currently this company exists with 2 employees. Kaytee Capps (VP, Primary Admin, Product marketer, and Makeup Artist) and Matthew Capps (Photographer, and Art Curator)
We thank anyone who can help contribute to our journey and believes in the importance of Art and community.
How is your art gallery / photo studio different from the rest in an age where SLR's are dime a million?
Our studio believes in the true representation of art by its definition. Not everyone can create a story with a picture. Artists should have the opportunity to have a space to learn, grow and become part of the experience. Its more than an business but a community.
the expression or application of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
Will artist be expected to pay fees?
Our studio believes in its artist and will not be charging hanging fees. That being said we will be selective on what art will be in our gallery. Our studio will host young artist nights, artist competitions and opportunities for others to get hosted and have exposure. We believe in community.