Our mission is to improve the quality of life for low-income community members one grant at a time. This is accomplished through community partnerships with nonprofit agencies that deliver social support and self sufficiency based services directly in communities of real need. Grant Writing for Healthy Communities works with these agencies to develop compelling success stories of thier work and comprehensive background written materials of the populations they serve. Our track record has been in the mid to high 90% range of securing both private foundation and public grants.
Grant Writing for Healthy Communities seeks support to stabilize and build capacity. Before COVID-19 our goal was to secure at least 4 solid clients by July, 2020. However, many nonprofits have moved their focus to preparing and implementing activities for the new normal after shelter in place requirements are lifted. The items specifically that would assist in our company's sustainability include:
1. Upgraded technology-laptop and cell phone for clear and effective online meetings
2. Staffing- hire a part time staff person to assist in grant research and editing
4. Foundation Center subscription - to gain access to foundation funders information
5. Marketing channels development - hire a social media marketer to upgrade the business social media accounts to reach more clients
6. LLC business license- the annual fee for this is steep and without revenue it's impossible to secure
Currently the business is run by one person, Hana Mendoza, with some volunteers that assist in proofreading and grant researching. Ms. Mendoza has over 20 years experience working in the nonprofit social services field and a Bachelor's degree in Public Administration from the University of San Francisco. She has lived experience as a low-income woman of color and a innate passion for community development through grant writing.
Thank you so much for taking the time to get to know about the work that our company does. We hope your experience has inspired you to support our work by making a generous donation.