The Enlightenedhood Mission
Enlightenedhood empowers mothers through mindfulness tools and sharing real-life motherhood experiences. Supporting every mother as she achieves her highest potential, Enlightenedhood is determined to shift the conversation and consciousness surrounding one of life’s most important responsibilities. Enlightenedhood will be extending its support this November to include an educational membership to further promote connectedness, self-development, and community over competition.
The Problem We're Solving
We live in a world where mothers are left with little-to-no resources or support communities as they embark on one of the most complex, rewarding, and challenging experiences of the human life. Bringing a new soul into this world spiritual and consuming process that can lead to depression, anxiety, loneliness, burnout, loss of identity, and so much more.
Therefore, mothers of the world feel alone and isolated in their child-rearing. Our society has told these women that their life is over once they become mothers. They have no identity and no worth other than the one they play in motherhood.
As women continue to rise up, own their power, practice self-care, and break down the stigmas of motherhood, mental health, mindfulness, spirituality and everything in between, these women deserve an educational platform that truly understands the complicated journey that is motherhood.
We’re stronger together than we are apart, which is why we’ve introduced the Enlightenhood movement.
In an age of "Look at me" influencers, Enlightenhood is a community of "come with me" mothers that use mindfulness to show up as their best selves, live authentically and cultivate the tools they need to navigate the complexities of motherhood. The Enlightenedhood Movement is shifting the conversation and consciousness surrounding motherhood and recognizing spiritual awakening that occurs when a mother brings a new life into the world.
Our community is growing every day and we want to support mothers worldwide looking to find balance and peace.
Since it's launch in May of 2019, the Enlightenhood movement has grown to:
- A community of over 3,000 women from 18 countries
- 30+ podcast episodes
- An online magazine with 20+ guest authors
But we WON'T stop there. Enter the educational membership.
The Enlightenedhood Educational Membership
Enlightenedhood Membership will be an educational platform that will launch in November. With this new tool, we will provide mothers with the following:
- Practical Mindfulness Tools: We leverage the power of mindfulness to help all women achieve pure growth, happiness, and awareness rooted in the present. We are proudly a spiritually-supportive platform that accesses all elements of the mind, body, and soul to make a difference in mothers’ lives.
- Monthly Self-Development Work: Change doesn't blossom from comfort zones. There is always room for self-development, which is why we will release group-based self-development work to help our community grow collectively. Mothers will be able to show up, do the work together, and connect on a deeper level.
- Mentorship Program: Our mentorship program will include one-on-one support from like-minded women, making Enlightenhood the first kind of its kind. Now you can pair up with other mothers that can help support and empower you on your motherhood journey. It’s women supporting women in the purest sense of the term.
- Resource Library: Members can access a rich library full of exclusive video and video content, downloadable worksheets and a selection of masterclasses produced by women of the Enlightenedhood community to further learning and self-development.
- Stigma-Free Support System: It’s time to end the motherhood isolation so common in our society today. Members of our platform will have access to an exclusive Facebook group to connect, ask questions, and work through motherhood experiences, all free from judgment.
RISKS AND REWARDS
While there are several female empowerment movements in existence that we also support, Elightenedhood is niched specifically towards mothers practicing mindfulness. We believe that this is a component of the population largely left untouched and un-supported, which is what makes Enlightenedhood so unique.
We are looking to raise funds so we can fully launch this membership platform in November 2019. With your donations, we will be able to build the platform for scalability, create better content, more frequently, and give our launch the push it deserves.
Since we are not creating a physical product, there are no notable risks with this campaign.
We are asking everyone to consider sharing this to their social media profiles, even if you are unable to support the campaign. We welcome everyone to the Enligthenedhood movement – it starts today.
The Benefits of Mindfulness and Why It's Important as we Raise the Next Generation
In today's world, we're chronically stressed. Add that to all the expectations that come with motherhood and you'll find that many mothers feel like they're burning out or struggling with mental health issues at an exponential rate.
Women who are part of the Enlightenedhood community understand that mindfulness is a non-negotiable part of everyday life.
There are undeniable benefits to mindfulness such as:
- Decreased stress
- The ability to manage adversity
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- The ability to be present at the moment
- Increased well-being
- Increased self-love and body positivity
- Increased self-awareness
Mindful mothers are raising the next generation and passing these tools to their children. With these powerful assets already in their toolbox, imagine the amazing things our children can do when they start from a place of mindfulness, peace, gratitude, and love...without years of mindset work to get there.
Here are 7 evidence-based ways that practicing mindfulness meditation can help children:
- It gives kids the habit of focusing on the present moment and ignoring distractions.
- It teaches them to stay calm in the face of life’s stressful times.
- It creates good habits for the future. When faced with life’s challenges, they know they can find peace by taking a few moments to meditate.
- It promotes happiness by lowering social anxiety and stress.
- It promotes patience.
- It can improve executive functions in their brain like cognitive control, working memory, cognitive flexibility, and better grades.
- It can improve attentiveness and impulse control.
Mindful mothers are helping to raise the consciousness of the future world.
About the Founder of Enlightenedhood
Enlightenedhood was founded by new mom Leena Lemos who created the community she wished she had while pregnant. Quickly frustrated with the rhetoric surrounding pregnancy and motherhood, Leena knew that there must be other women out there who also weren't buying the old stories we've been taught about what it means to be a mother.
Thank you so much for your support and lending your contribution to supporting strong women who are shining their light in the world and raising the next generation of conscious and kind-hearted children.