Who Are We
The CareFreeBlackGirl brand promotes black women empowerment through entrepreneurship and the arts by creating platforms for them to display their brands and talents in a setting that looks like them.
What We Do
CareFreeBlackGirl provides platforms for black women via the traveling cookout, by advertising via our podcast and connecting brands to consumers online. Yearly we volunteer at high schools and colleges hosting workshops and panels. We provide artist a platform to display their work and connect with fans on local stages and major festivals.
What’s The Problem
- We are currently solving the diversity problem in music, tech and wellness spaces. The CareFreeBlackGirl cookout tour is a mini festival that provides spaces for artist, teacher and artisans to network , earn and display.
- Our market is over 20 million black women nationwide who are looking for more outlets that serve them. We currently serve about 1% of them and believe we can do much more with a little help.
- We are currently seeking to raise money to help reach more black women. Our goal is to host the CareFreeBlackGirl cookout in more cities (such as LA and Miami) and provide free food for the attendees. More funding would allow us create more podcast episodes to serve as the voice for the brand and give our listeners insight on what’s happening in our communities and online. Lastly funding would allow us to pay black women by giving our staff and volunteers a stipend for their services.
- The CareFreeBlackGirl team is made up of women and volunteers who work year round to serve thousands of attendees.
- We hope that with your help we can provide more outlets for black women across the world. We thank you for taking the time to read our story. We exist because of people like you .