Frequently Asked Questions:
When will the space open?
We expect to be open to the public by Fall 2019
Where will the space be located?
We will be located in the City of Chicago in a CTA (public transportation) accessible location.
How much will a membership cost?
Student Designer ($98/month)
Associate Designer ($139/month)
Resident Designer ($250/month)
Any more fees?
As Resident Designers you have all access to our own studio amenities including rentable notions and supplies.
Your supplies fee is a one time payment of $29 that you pay the first day you check into the space. Your monthly membership is paid on the 1st of every month.
Daily Notions & Supplies Fee (Non RD Members) $5
What requirements will designers need to become a member?
- At least 1 year of pattern making and garment construction
- 1 year of experience with industrial single needle sewing machines and sergers
- Must be able to provide a small seasonal collection if selected for Designer of the Month.
- Designer Orientation will cover properly using the machine but we require everyone to have prior experience because this is an independent workspace. We don't want to interrupt the other working designers.
I made my Designer Membership contribution, now what?
- Keep an eye on your email, our on boarding team will be sending you the application to fill out for your membership. Get that done future fashion visionary!
- Once your application has been accepted you'll start receiving all the information to welcome you to your new sewing home including our Welcome Portfolio with House Rules.
Are we open to the public for daily use?
No visitors please. We would love to have you come in for a tour if you would like to check out what we offer. Weekly tours will be announced soon!
Can designers bring guests?
Yes, we would love to host you and one more guest for the day. The limit is one guest per designer. Guests may not sit at the sewing machines and equipment.