We provide an event space and digital community for social entrepreneurs, community organizations, and purpose-driven professionals.
BrickRose Exchange is an event space and digital community designed for social entrepreneurs, community organizers, and purpose-driven professionals where they can test their products and services without entering into long-term lease agreements, learn new skills and information from others who have succeeded and failed in their endeavors, and discuss issues affecting the community and how to take action.
As development continues in cities across America like Baltimore, local businesses, organizations, and residents are often forgotten. The culminating effect is these groups are usually priced out and pushed out of our neighborhoods without access to resources to help them save their communities.
We will provide an ecosystem of online and offline tools and resources to help our members take back their neighborhoods and preserve their culture through professional and personal development and networking.
BrickRose Exchange is a 900 square foot space for pop-up shops, professional and personal events, and community meetings in Canton. We offer services that make it easy for people to be change agents who transform the entities they lead.
This photograph is an exterior shot of BrickRose Exchange. All other pictures are inspirational to convey use of space.
Canton can be a neutral gathering ground for members, sponsors, and partners. A community open to diversity and inclusion. The habitants of Canton are mostly young professionals (Gen Xers and millennials) with a desire to have more local amenities and events within walking distance. We are creating a physical space where you can collaborate, connect, and do business with other like-minded people.
The foyer space will serve programming such as:
- Training and workshops
- Pop-up shops
- Cultural, educational, and social events
A SEAT AT THE TABLE MEMBERSHIP ($100/annual)
We are offering 125 founding memberships at $100 per year or a 50% discount off the normal annual rate of $200. Once founding memberships are gone, standard memberships will cost $200 per year.
This membership is for people and organizations who want to hold events, do business in the city, or access a hub of valuable information in one place from anywhere in the world.
We believe in philanthropy and giving people opportunities to improve their lives. Our 5-for-1 scholarship model will grant free membership to people in the community who meets specific socioeconomic needs. For every five paid members, we will fund one full scholarship.
SPECIFICS OF MEMBERSHIP
Founding memberships provides complete access to all programming scheduled by BrickRose staff; including a content calendar with 16+ events featuring a mix of professional coaching and training workshops, cultural, educational, and social events, as well as, seasonal themed-mixers.
In addition, members can:
- rent event space
- attend other members' events
- access funding information such as pitch competitions, grants, and loans
- access partner and sponsor discounted content
- access membership database
- influence programming and suggest speakers
- be promoted on the BrickRose Exchange network
BrickRose Exchange offers services that make it easier for its members to stay connected with the community. We have designed our services around the resources we wish we had during the start-up phases of our businesses and in our careers.
We offer a rich calendar of programming and events featuring members, partners, supporters, and invited guests. Learning opportunities for personal and professional growth include:
- Professional coaching and training workshops: programming content will cover topics as wide and diverse as Pitching 101: Get the Bag!, Food Etiquette for Aspiring Moguls, Fundraising, Get Paid to Speak, and How to Tell Better Stories in Your Marketing.
- Cultural, educational, and social events. Topics covered include: virtual/augmented reality and other emerging technologies, open mic, arts, music, film documentaries, discussions, etc. Ideas include Back In My Day, a storytime series with Baltimore's oldest residents and Squeegee Boys: From Street Hustler to Modern Entrepreneur, a mindset-shifting workshop.
- Seasonal themed-mixers sponsored by partners and sponsors designed to help members grow their professional network.
- Access to other members' events (*any cost is set by the member host): pop-up shops, signature events, and community meetings.
- Access to information about funding resources such as pitch competitions, grants, and loans.
- Access to partner and sponsor content e.g. private classes and content with our partners and sponsors for a discounted rate.
- Access to BrickRose Exchange Network: find professional and personal connections to grow.
- Opportunity to influence programming: give feedback and nominate speakers for events and training.
- Access to resources and tools. For instance, add your podcast, YouTube channel, and IG TV channel to the BrickRose Exchange Network (coming 2019), a hub to highlight communication channels of members.
This has been an exciting endeavor to take on. The opportunity of securing the location and starting this effort has not been a walk in the park. We are so proud of the work we have done in our respective careers and businesses. Now, it is time to pool our expertise and resources together to fulfill a bigger purpose.
We just need your help.
Brickhouse Exchange is built on the foundation of commerce, community, and culture. And, it only makes to rally people who want to take an active role in standing up for local businesses, organizations, and residents who work and live in Baltimore.
The money raised through this iFundWomen campaign will be used to open BrickRose Exchange, fund the interior and exterior renovations, and set up the needed systems and tools to manage the space, membership, and online training material.
The power of BrickRose Exchange lies with the community, so we decided to turn to a platform like iFundWomen to get the job done.
BrickRose Exchange was founded by two women. We are Bianca J. Jackson, a digital marketing and tech entrepreneur, and Lynne Goines, a food entrepreneur, fundraising and event planning expert.
We both come with a background in corporate America; however, we realized that the world we were trying to make a difference in was not built for everyday people, and we decided it was time to build a new one. We are driven by a cause more substantial than us as individuals – we are driven by creating a space that will impact lives today and generations to come.
By supporting this campaign, you’re not only helping us open the doors, but you’re also helping social impact entrepreneurs, community organizers, and residents who are motivated by a passion to see the city of Baltimore thrive.
Help turn this into a movement by spreading the word. Whether it’s by email, social media, or carrier pigeon, your voice will go a long way. Please share this campaign with the official hashtag #BaltimoreSpaceForAll.
Follow us on Instagram at BrickRoseExchange or sign up for our email list.
We are committed to this work. Together, we can provide a platform for communities to be heard and not be left behind. You, too, can be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Thank you so much for contributing and sharing #BaltimoreSpaceForAll campaign.
Your support is greatly appreciated so we can continue to serve and support the community, organizations, and projects.
* Special thanks to Sy Cabodevilla for designing the BrickRose Exchange logo and brand guidelines and to BrandMarket Pro for designing the BrickRose Exchange website.
BrickRose team, advisors, and future members