Hello, My name is Natasha and I am the owner of Natasha's Just Brittle / B'More Made with Pride Commercial Kitchen & Cafe. I was a young girl contemplating suicide because of bulling when God sent an Angel disguised as my Grandmother to save my life. On that hot summer day in 1983 when I tried to take my life, My Grandmother Martha Lee told me three things that would mold me into the woman I am today..
1. My Life was not my own to take.
2. I was here to serve God, Family and Community.
3. I was here for a purpose.
I always knew that I would be an entrepreneur and I try to implement my Grandmother's words of wisdom throughout my life. It is my mission to support entrepreneurship, It is my mission to create job opportunities for the youth of Baltimore City, It is my mission to become a leading manufacturer for the small business owner, It is my mission to create great food, fun and a positive environment for my community, It is my mission to build a legacy for my family.
Located inside of Natasha's Just Brittle Manufacturing Plant is B’More Made with Pride Commercial Kitchen & Café. Built on Family, Food & Faith, our incubator is a shared kitchen for food artisans who need a licensed, clean, affordable & accessible place to cook their food and to make their products. I am looking to provide rental space for up to 40 businesses who are bakers, caterers and food truck owners. Our cafe serves a breakfast & lunch menu and some of the products made within the kitchen. We provide fun for the entire family with cooking classes, cooking birthday parties for the youth and cake decorating classes, chocolate & wine sips and crab cake wars for the adults.
We have made progress over the last two years as a manufacturing facility and on November 16th we celebrated one year in business as a dual Commercial Kitchen & Cafe. There are some things that the Kitchen needs to help the businesses reach their full potential and to serve our customers to the best of our ability. We need a bakery Case, candy case, gas convection oven, brewing station, commercial toaster and a commercial warmer, but most of all, funds to pay for seasonal production help. Check out the awesomeness that you will receive for your support in our rewards column.
Should we exceed our goal of $5000, here is a wish list that will help B'More Made with Pride grow.
1. A marketing brochure of the businesses not in the Main Street District. I would call it "The Harford Road Business Circular." The brochure will highlight all the businesses along Harford Road between White Avenue and Northern Parkway.
2. New equipment. We have maintained the business for almost three years with used equipment. It would be wonderful to not have to constantly have our old equipment maintenance. We could use two new stoves, a freezer, washing machine and a commercial dishwasher.
3. Full time production help. Many of the businesses in our culinary hub work full time or part time work outside of their businesses. I want to create a full time production team to assist all the businesses within. I am envisioning about eight youth who are interested in the culinary industry that would work a day shift or a night shift assisting the businesses. An opportunity like this would give our youth a new skill set in manufacturing and it would give our businesses some much needed assistance to grow.
4. Key less entry lock door. I work seven days a week managing Natasha's Just Brittle, B'More Made with Pride Commercial Kitchen and my part time job. It would be great to have a key less entry lock door so that the different businesses who have servsafe management qualifications can let themselves into the facility to cook.
5. Air ducts in the Commercial Kitchen. We have air and heat in the back of the facility, but we need to extend the duct work on to the kitchen area
. When it's hot in the kitchen, it's hot and when it's cold in the kitchen, it;s cold.
The businesses that use our culinary hub:
* Looen Teas
*Freakin Sweet Jars
*Brown Sugar Cake Bakery
*Flair Cuisine LLC
*The Brunch God's, LLC
*Bee Hoss LLC
*The Brunch God's
*Your Traveling Chef'
*Cakelady Desserts LLC
*Mama T's Food
*Ambrose Island Cuisine and Sweeties LLC
*Tasty Treats by Sharde'
*Cuples Tea House
*Ruby & Romalia's Kitchen
*Viola's Southern Cuisine
*Real Food Real Tasty
Small businesses close everyday so I am asking you to support with a monetary donation, share & encourage someone else to contribute and spread the news to those who need a licensed facility to start their food business. In keeping with the mission of supporting entrepreneurship, I promise to pledge 10% of the proceeds to assist small businesses in the food industry.
Thank you for being apart of the B’More Made with Pride team. #Family #Food #Faith