1. Resources are either out of service or location-specific
Suggested resources lead survivors to an error page or are only available within certain local city limits.
2. Resources focus on groups of survivors alienating individuals that do not fit their focus
Many resources focus directly on women, alienating those who do not identify as women or excluding men from the service.
3. Survivors do not have access to valuable information specific to their legal case or help them find resources to heal from the trauma
Legal information is challenging to find, and even more difficult to understand. There is no “one-size-fits-all” for individual healing. Providing survivors will access to a library of resources that best fits their needs, to empower them through their journey.
Resources are simply not meeting survivor needs.
Beyond Believed solves this problem by developing a new service that is personalized and simplified by:
1. Providing an accessible digital platform with access at your fingertips.
2. Cultivates community to empower survivors through understanding and the power of support through trauma. Our chat room enables you to find answers immediately as well as connect instantaneously when needed.
3. Provides personalized service to meet survivors' varied and specific needs. Beyond Believed has a sign-in portal that personalizes your information based on your profile that you set up for easy access to your data and specific resources that will aid in your healing process.
How Beyond Believed is Different
The landscape of trauma resources for sexual assault and abuse survivors is in desperate need of innovation.
User research and interviews with survivors identified key features Beyond Believed will fulfill missing needs.
The 33M of survivors of sexual assault and abuse, as well as their friends, family, and loved ones.
Beyond Believed is for womxn, men, teens, children, and LGBTQI.
“I understand the need for this new digital service as a fellow survivor of sexual assault. Resources were not meeting my needs as I searched for answers to discover my rights. There needs to be a better solution then the endless circle I chased for information."