Archer Career is building career technology
to improve job search execution.
STRUCTURE | INSIGHTS | RESULTS
Have you had to look for a job recently? Do you know a college or graduate student seeking an internship or full-time job? If it's you or you know someone, you can appreciate how HARD it is. What makes it hard? There are these BIG SIX challenges:
- Where to begin - it is a big, unstructured problem
- How to structure time - no meetings pop on my calendar for "job search"
- How to benchmark my progress - where am I and am I making progress?
- Information is overwhelming - millions of pieces of advice, which are current best practices?
- Lack of access to career services or can't afford private career coaching
- Job searching means rejection - it is hard to keep motivated
How do we know these are big challenges? Experience.
Domain expertise: 12 years career coaching | 2 years with the MBA career office at Chicago Booth | coached collectively for three decades as managers at leading consulting firms and companies
Coaching valued by others: 490 individual clients | 250+ workshops with 11,200 attendees | 21 university and company clients | clients and work across 14 countries
Results: Clients received $!5M in salary offers | offers received at 30+ organizations | most offers considered employers of choice by students and working professionals.
Roots in technology and tech strategy: Sprint, IBM, Accenture, Diamond Management and Technology Partners | collectively hundreds of consulting engagements, multiple product launches
Passion: We are committed because of the importance of employment, by young professionals, those who invest in education, and those with ambitions to make a difference. We are coaches, educators, professionals, with multiple degrees in areas of study that apply to our work. We have been in the shoes of our clients and customers as well - we relate.
"For someone that has trouble keeping up with the items I put on my plate at any given time, [a structured] program was the perfect fit. [Pam’s approach] kept me motivated, on track, and was the best source I could tap into to validate ideas, lines of thinking, etc. to help me succeed in this process."
Archer Job Search is a software application designed to create a more organized and guided structure to the job search process.
The foundation of the application is a checklist
Our inspiration for Archer Job Search is The Checklist Manifesto, by Dr. Atul Gawande. We have used an off-the-shelf software tool for several years with positive outcomes. Now, we have created a focused application for the job seeker - for students and working professionals.
What does it do?
- DASHBOARD - measure where you stand compared to progress benchmarks
- GUIDED PATH - see what to do this week, and each week thereafter
- BEST PRACTICES - curated by us and at your fingertips - no internet searches
- INSTRUCTION/LESSONS - know what to do and how to do it
- NETWORKING ACTIVITIES - track all in one place
- REMINDERS/NUDGES - get alerts when to follow-up and for motivation
Mostly importantly, it is economical for the job seeker. Our goal is to provide the insights of expert, individual coaching to all, with a cost that is not limiting - to give job seekers with career ambitions equal opportunity to know best practices and be ready to secure job offers.
Academic research supports our solution: goal exploration, goal clarity, active job search, and job-search quality had consistent positive relationship with employment quality. 1
YOUR CONTRIBUTION ENABLES
Accelerating the development of
Archer Job Search
- When Covid-19 hit, we knew we needed to bring our solution to market, that it would be needed now more than ever, but we wanted to go farther than our original MVP.
- Our fundraising is aimed to give access to our application for job seekers, everywhere.
- We need to be creative in our marketing and support students and those affected by unemployment during this challenging time.
WHAT YOU GET
- CONTRIBUTE + GET A REWARD - pick your level and use the reward yourself
- GIFT - give your reward to a job seeker in need, any individual
- SPONSOR - Identify an organization that supports job seekers or a college/university in need - we will provide a group license
- SHARE - tell others who are interested or might benefit from our software/services
We are passionate about career advancement and return on investment in education.
- CEO/Co-Founder - Dr. Pam Schilling, MBA Chicago Booth. 12 years in career coaching, career services with Chicago Booth. Prior, strategy consultant (Strategy&, Huron Consulting Group, Diamond).
- CTO/Co-Founder - Kate Corrigan, MBA/BA Computer Science. 30+ years in technology strategy and consulting (Accenture, Diamond, IBM)
- Head of Content - Patty Hurley, M.S.Ed/MLIS. 10+ years in research, library science, and instructional design. Business research librarian and adjunct faculty.
- Go-to-Market Team - Dr. Jeremy Morse, Head of Programs and Kathy Muller, Content Writer
Key advisors - Former Bain, BCG, McKinsey, and AlixPartners consultants, retired SVP at AON (Talent and Rewards), Partner in Data Analytics consulting firm, CTO/Co-Founder of a SaaS B2B software company. hundreds of top tier and T25 MBA students, undergraduate students, non-business masters and PhDs/post-Docs.
Learn more about us here: https://www.archercareer.com/team
Thank you for supporting us!
We’re grateful for your contribution to our mission to impact determined and ambitious job seekers everywhere.
1 van Hooft, E. A., Kammeyer-Mueller, J. D., Wanberg, C. R., Kanfer, R., & Basbug, G. (2018). Job search and employment success: A quantitative review and future research agenda. Manuscript submitted for publication.