- What is the mission of your company or project? Worthy Contributions’ mission is to give the gifts of dignity, confidence and awareness through donation, education and collaboration in a judgment-free space.
- Describe the problem you are solving. Worthy Contributions: 1. removes the stigma surrounded by periods via educating grade school girls proper feminine hygiene and self-care in a fun and interactive setting with a focus on the core values: Self love, education, action(self-care), support and empowerment. 2. Provides collecting feminine hygiene products to distribute to women in need all over the metro Detroit area via women’s shelters, girls home and referrals low income women in need. Anyone can donate via donation stations set up throughout metro Detroit, cash donations etc.
- What is the market size/opportunity? HUGE: grade school girls and homeless/low income women
- What is your company/product about and how does it solve the problem? Knowledge is power. The earlier that girls know not only why their bodies do what they do but how to properly care for them, self-confidence follows. Health is wealth. Properly caring for ones body leads to healthier women which leads to healthier pregnancies and babies and ultimately a healthier community, physically and mentally. This program also promotes a happier, bully-free school enviornment as we replace shame and ignorance with knowledge and understanding.
- Why are you seeking funding and how will you spend the funding? As a brand new organization looking to launch their education program Summer 2020. Worthy Contributions will need funding for materials and tools for the program itself, a website, marketing tools, networking, starting a business account, and much more.
- Who is on your team? Myself and volunteers
- Thank your backers and make them feel appreciated
Thank you so much for your interest in Worthy Contributions. I look forward to discussing the future of making a huge impact on Detroit youth and leaving an imprint of the beautiful city of Detroit!