Inkloo is an online marketplace selling a curated list of black designer brands to consumers who want to diversity and authenticate their wardrobe. It also offers manufacturing services to partnering brands that need to produce a collection on it's own terms.
Here's the problem: Black designers want their brands to have more visibility and selling opportunities, but they are underrepresented in several retail spaces. And although, black consumers are on track to reach a 1.5 trillion buying power by 2021, they are reinvesting their dollars outside of their community. Black designers face several barriers to entry, including:
1. Major retailers continue to make the excuse that black owned brands are of poor quality while failing to acknowledge their contribution in creating profitable fashion styles.
2. Candidly, black owned businesses do not have the same access to capital as white owned businesses.
Inkloo solves this problem by:
1. Creating a retail space only selling and drawing awareness to black owned fashion brands.
2. Offering non traditional manufacturing services to help brands produce collections within their means
3. Providing a one stop shop of these brands to consumers who are looking to put their dollars back into the black community
My customers are shoppers, including black consumers, who are looking for more brand options to authenticate and diversity their wardrobe. Black consumers make up 14% of the US population and has increased their buying power by 114% since 2000.
When looking at my background and work experiences, I am confident in my abilities to bring this marketplace to life. I have worked in the B2B corporate sales industry for 5 years and the fashion industry over the past year. As a black consumer and freelance stylist, I am constantly faced with the problem of not finding black designers. Because of my expertise and my customer experiences, I am uniquely qualified to help solve this problem for consumers.
The goal is to raise $8,500 to fund a digital marketing campaign, support ongoing advertisements, and build a cohesive marketplace website.
We have some really cool rewards for you to take part in on our campaign page below! Some include a black fashion brand directory and a virtual styling date with your very own. You're encouraged to contribute at any level as all donations bring us one step closer to launching Inkloo. Thank you so much for your support in helping Inkloo move from an idea to a business and promoting an Inkloo-sive retail space for black fashion designers.