BUHO is the first sustainable e-commerce hub with products for women, men, kids, and home. What started as a glimmer of an idea in February, launched with 100s brands four months later. All products we offer fit into one of our value categories - sustainable, ethically made, handmade, vegan, locally made, gender equality or vintage. Read our feature in Fast Company.
- Less than 1% of Clothing is recycled each year.
- $500 BILLION is lost every year due to clothing underutilization and lack of recycling
More than half of fast fashion is disposed of each year
In the US, clothing is worn only ¼ of the global average
Clothing industry relies on 98 tons of non-renewable resources each year
BUHO breaks the traditional linear retail system, offering a fully circular business with amazing products, and easy, responsible ways to recycle old clothing. We use fully compostable packaging and offer every customer an incentive to send us their unwanted clothing, that is distributed to one of our non-profit partners or kept to turn into new materials.
All of our products have been sourced by sustainable & ethical manufacturers, taking all of the homework out of the buying experience and making it truly easy to shop good.
We started the company with minimal savings, hired our first employees May 1st and launched our e-commerce store June 27th with over 100 brands across all departments.
We've been featured in Fast Company, the Los Angeles Times, Lonny, Thrive Global, Footwear News, Inside Hook and Sourcing Journal.
And our customers love us!
BUHO came to life with a lot of late nights, a lot of passion and a vision to give consumers all over the word sustainable shopping options for all aspects of their life.
We launched with minimal savings and are looking for your support to help us scale to millions of homes this holiday season.
- We want to reach customers all across the globe and offer resources for shifting shopping behaviors.
- We want to continue to be a catalyst for the sustainable fashion movement, showing that you don't have to sacrifice personal style for the planet.
- We want to work with more artisans and brands everywhere to bring a diverse selection of products that fit various types of households.
- We want to expand our non-profit partnerships to support those in need with products and services they need.
- Expanding our product selection to offer something for everyone.
- Scaling our marketing efforts with data and analytics to reach our customer.
- Research with a textile partner to break down donated clothing into new materials.
- Purchase additional biodegradable shipping materials
Maria Casey, CEO
Maria is the Founder & CEO of BUHO. Prior to this, she worked as a consultant for various e-commerce companies, advising on customer acquisition strategies and had a 15 year career in BD / Marketing roles at startups that include Disney-backed Playbuzz, Upfront-backed NuORDER, Fuisz Media, WIREWAX, and Arkadium. She graduated with a BA from Miami University and is a Peace Corps alum.
BUHO is working to bring sustainable shopping choices to consumers around the world. The climate crisis is real, so we're doing our part to take the hard work out of finding earth-friendly alternatives for your everyday items.
We launched as a partner with 1% of the Planet - committing to donated 1% of ALL proceed directly to environmental programs.
It's time for BUHO to be the new normal shopping destination and with your help, we can get there.