She Sends Collective is an organization aimed at bringing education & financial resources to the womxn’s climbing community specifically for sport specific & disordered eating/health & wellness programs as a means to inspire personal growth and empowerment. **It is important to note that while we type 'womxn' we are meaning this to include cis and non-cisgender females, gender non-conforming and non-binary humans, too**
Here’s the problem: climbing has historically been dominated by [white] men and plagued with disordered eating. These two things create:
- Womxn who are reliant upon their male counterparts for climbing partners, which often leads to lack of learning systems and independence, etc.
- Lack of a womxn’s community within the sport.
- Many generations long negative self-reflection & disordered eating cycles that get passed down from generation to generation, especially within the competitive arena.
- A mostly white, non-diverse community.
Here’s our solution to combat the side effects of this problem:
- Provide climbing specific education that is centered around creating competent, resourceful and confident womxn, both cis and non-cis, GNC and non-binary climbers both indoors and outdoors.
- Create a more cohesive and supportive womxn's (both cis and non-cis), GNC and non-binary peoples environment within the sport.
- Provide health and wellness education centered specifically around disordered eating & body positivity to bring awareness of the problem to our community.
- Provide financial support for both climbing & health and wellness education programs to create more accessibility and diversity for womxn (cis & noncis), GNC and non-binary humans' climbing community.
- Provide financial support for womxn (cis & noncis), GNC and non-binary humans' in the climbing community who are needing support with their disordered eating recovery.
- Be able to subsidize and provide climbing specific clinics for free for BIPOC, non-cisgender females, GNC and non-binary humans, too so as to promote diversity within our sport AND create a more unified community.
Our clients are womxn, both cis and non-cisgender, GNC, and non-binary humans too, ages 18+, new or experienced, within the climbing community, who come from a wide variety of backgrounds, ethnicities, careers and pronouns.
**Already you have helped raise enough money to provide scholarships to two people into our first virtual Intuitive Eating workshop and have helped 6 (SIX!!!) BIPOC, non-cisgender females, GNC and non-binary humans take our Intro To Trad climbing clinic for FREE! Thank you so much**
I am uniquely qualified to solve the problems listed above because of the amount of time I've been integrated into the sport and my personal connections with brands within the community. Additionally, and most important, I feel passionate about this project - about providing easier accessibility to the these demographics of people for high level climbing specific programming as well as health and wellness related programming. Climbing is an immensely special sport that has the ability to change lives - I know it changed mine - and I want to be able to provide these resources to these historically marginalized groups within climbing.