Our mission is to provide safe, efficient and cost-effective transportation between Downtown Newburyport, the Plum Island Lighthouse and the Commuter Rail, making 17 stops along the way.
Thousands of people visit Newburyport and Plum Island for vacation, and pour into the streets for the Summer Events. Traffic in Newburyport during the tourist season can be difficult. These days there are increasing numbers of ride-sharing vehicles clogging the streets. Night-lifers crowd the streets at closing time, sometimes creating hazardous driving conditions. Patrons have three choices to return to their lodgings:
- Potentially drive impaired
- Wait a long time for Uber
- Get a local taxi with a trashed vehicle and a questionable driver.
BBK will be the most desirable choice for price, quality and reliability. Because we charge $5 per boarding, patrons can get on and off at the various stops around Newburyport and Plum Island all day and night. The benefits include:
- Cost savings- Uber charges between $12 and $16 to the lighthouse from downtown for their most basic one-way fare. Port Taxi charges $10 under deplorable conditions. Parking on Plum Island can be as high as $20.
- Cuts down on traffic by replacing the need for ride-sharing vehicles.
- Allows for safe reliable transportation for after-hours patrons, while making the late-night streets safer.
We are seeking funding to cover deposits on vehicles and an office, print maps, purchase communications equipment, and cover regulatory licensing and other startup costs.
The General Manager, Lucia Vaughn, is a seasoned professional, experienced in managing shuttle services at Tufts University, and has worked as a tour guide and trolley driver in Boston since 2012. She also has a long history in event planning and hospitality. SHe holds a Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations with a Business Minor.
The team will consist of well-trained, professional, and well-vetted drivers.
Take a look at the fun and valuable rewards we are offering. Thank you so much for considering our project. We look forward to seeing many of you aboard the Beach Bound Kangaroo. Cheers mate!