Verde is a humble holistic business that's outgrown our current location.
We are putting the finishing touches on a new studio and we need your help to breathe life into the space as we prepare to open doors in April 2020!
We are committed to our clients' wellness journey; helping you re-imagine your potential for health and well-being by resetting the mind, restoring the body, and renewing the spirit utilizing holistic healing techniques.
Verde’s evolution from a simple massage parlor, to a day spa, to a holistic wellness studio is a reflection of our founder Crystal Dorado's personal healing and professional development over the years. Crystal’s journey started to take form at a young age as she observed & appreciated her Mesoamerican culture and began to embrace her ancestors’ knowledge of traditional healing approaches as a part of their family values. It was Crystal’s father who always encouraged her to focus her efforts as a first-generation, Latinx, woman entrepreneur on giving back and supporting the community close to home.
Our choice to open Verde in the Pilsen neighborhood, where Crystal grew up, was an intentional one due to the community's predominantly Mexican heritage. Crystal's father always had a speech about the neighborhood; he loved Pilsen and viewed it as the heart of Chicago.
- Verde is committed to the belief that our client’s health and well-being has a direct correlation to our success as a business.
- As we make a difference in our clients’ lives, our business succeeds, because when that happens, the community itself gains a greater measure of autonomy, wellness, and transformation.
- Our community deserves opportunities to heal, grow, and find balance on our own terms. As minority entrepreneurs, our success also lays groundwork for other organizations and conscious businesses to thrive close to home.
We offer engaging and effective services at accessible price points, provided by practitioners and wellness professionals that are reflective of the local community.
- We live in a time where more people are looking for natural, drug-free solutions to daily health concerns. People no longer want to stand by until health challenges or healing crises arise that force us into the pursuit of well-being, and we can’t afford to wait for the current healthcare system to change.
- Our menu of offerings has been carefully curated by Crystal to reflect the authentic expression of our practitioners while honoring a diversity of healing traditions and belief systems.
- Our unique yet unifying modalities promote well-being including: bodywork, energy healing, holistic wellness & nutritional coaching, movement therapy, and spiritual guidance.
- More than just a series of passive treatments, each session is designed to be an active exploration that provides our clients with an opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of self. This can be carried forward beyond the treatment room and into the world!
Over 9 years in the Pilsen community, and 7 in our current location, Verde has proudly served over 8,000 clients and provided over 20,000 services! We currently have 8 providers (and counting!) all of whom work in harmony for our clients. Along with providing services at our location, Verde has made consistent charitable contributions to causes city-wide, and more recently to the Mayan community in Mexico, totaling just over $50,000 over a 9-year period.
Our new location will:
- Allow us to serve in bigger and better ways - we are not only expanding our space, but our outreach & programming.
- Provide more versatility to host group therapies, workshops, trainings, classes, community days, and healing circles.
- Be a sacred container for healing and a place to gather, recharge, learn from, celebrate, and work with one another.
- Offer beneficial therapies and services that can be customized to you, wherever you are on your wellness journey.
Our limitation right now is lack of financial assistance.
We are currently over-budget to complete our build-out due to circumstances outside of our control that began last July 2019.
We’ve persevered despite multiple setbacks, which have included:
- Rigorous vetting process for licensing and rezoning the building we are moving into (this was a requirement to operate a business offering massage & body work on 18th Street).
- Slowdowns in construction due to multiple reviews and inspections for an establishment that offers massages.
- Setback after setback, plus maintaining dual locations for nearly 9 months (and counting!) has exhausted our initial investment in the expansion and re-branding of Verde.
We are thrilled to be so close to getting this crucial part of our vision off the ground, and we know we can make up for lost time with your help! Our hearts are in this, and we are excited to invest more resources into our growing business with your support.
Your financial support is needed now!
Your contribution to this campaign will help provide financial sustenance to the company we've worked hard to nurture over the past nine years.
- 25% of contributions will support our need for Technical Assistance: hiring and training a new manager, marketing support for new website, training for current staff on our soon-to-be revealed service menu.
- 75% of contributions will support our Physical Projects: construction, painting, fixtures, laborers, equipment purchases, and rent.
- Any funds raised above our goal of $45,000 will support our Community Fund: this will establish the baseline to allow us to begin developing educational opportunities, sliding scale offerings, and community days at Verde.
We are at a point where our goal cannot be accomplished alone; we can only succeed with the support of the community. Please join us in this life-changing endeavor!
Your contributions lift us up, no matter the amount!
BUY, GIFT, or SHARE anything on this page, and remember-every dollar counts.
Buy SOMETHING-- PERUSE OUR ENTICING REWARDS TO SEE WHICH OF THEM INTERESTS YOU
By contributing, not only will you gain the satisfaction of supporting our mission, but you also “purchase” a great deal on an awesome service or product! We promise to keep you posted on how your generosity has impacted our efforts and the community.
Gift SOMETHING-- GIVE THE GIFT OF HEALING
You can even purchase a reward and contribute on behalf of someone who might benefit from our work- near or far. Just let us know that you are contributing on someone else’s behalf, and we will connect your gift with the right person!
Not in a position to contribute right now? We get it, and that's okay! The awesome thing about Crowdfunding is that we can still work together to reach untapped potential within the circles of our communities.
By sharing our campaign, following us on social media, liking/commenting and sharing our posts, or even leaving a great review, you can still make an extremely valuable contribution.
Please go ahead and SHARE, whether you contribute or not! The power of social media is limitless!
Thank you in advance for your time, resources, and willingness to be a part of our vision!
Every action, every effort, and every voice makes a difference. We feel your love and we are grateful.
With You In Wellness,
Crystal & the Verde Tribe