***CAMPAIGN RELAUNCHING within March 2020***
The Antidote Conference provides survivors of sexual violence the opportunity to address and begin to work through their trauma in a safe, engaging, creative, and entertaining environment. There will also be interactive courses for survivors of domestic violence, childhood trauma, and sex trafficking. In addition, we will also be providing age-appropriate preventative education for people of all ages so that we can eradicate the mindset of sexual violence.
- Rape culture is incredibly pervasive and has affected us in more ways than we realize. More than 1 in 3 women have experienced sexual violence including physical contact in her lifetime, and the statistic for men isn't far behind, with 1 in 4. So few of us have the strength to speak about it, which ushers in further issues.
- The effects of sexual assault can lead a person into crippling depression, overwhelming anxiety, high blood pressure, obesity, drug / alcohol abuse, self-harm, and suicide -- to name a few. Personally, I’ve experienced almost all of these consistently over the last 15 years. When you're not able to receive the help that you need as a survivor, life seems to spiral into an unrecognizable reality that feels like a life-long trap. More times than not, sexual violence survivors need help finding their footing in bettering themselves, or simply resuming their lives. I actually didn’t believe that I needed help since I doubted that it would help me in a real way. I had a few bad experiences with counseling before and decided it wasn’t for me. Then I had a nervous breakdown after I found out that my first and more sinister rapist is successful in 2016 (11 years post-rape), when I could barely pay rent. I found myself in the hospital unable to control the violent tremors that had overtaken my entire body. After 3 days in the hospital and afterwards, being unable to work for over a month because of constant tremors, I faced two choices -- Break the bank and find a way to get professional help or give in to the suicidal voices. Since I was finally able to afford that help and took steps to start my healing journey, I’m alive and able to bring this conference together so that you can get some help as well. Who knows what might spring from your healing?
- The CDC reports that rape survivors lose out on over $122,000 during their lifetime for reasons such as legal & medical costs, loss of productivity, debilitating emotional strife, etc. Those of us who represent The Antidote Conference believe that it's time to get our coins back. We have the power to reverse that loss and turn it into gain; but first, we must face what's holding us back internally in order to achieve new heights in our lives. You’re strong enough to do this. This is a place of refuge and refueling.
At the moment, there is no other event such as this that is designed to help survivors of sexual violence heal, which is why our inaugural event is a kick-off to our National Tour that will be taking off in SEPTEMBER 2020 IN LOS ANGELES, CA. Given that a vast majority of the country has been affected by sexual violence by either knowing a survivor or being one themselves, this conference will be valuable and freeing to those who need it.
- The Antidote Conference is a weekend-long event full of workshops, panel discussions, and entertainment that will provide survivors of sexual violence the opportunity to begin healing in a safe, supportive, and engaging environment.
- This conference will be led by a myriad of mental health professionals, legal & medical advocates, business leaders and teachers that have created curriculum to help you to process through your trauma, activists, and other survivors. Our conference's presenters will be revealed one by one in the Updates section of this campaign. We will also feature vendors that have created helpful tools for our quest to achieve justice.
- The Antidote Conference will conclude with an eclectic collection of performance art by industry entertainers, as well as approved local acts in each city we visit.
- We are utilizing various avenues to help each person to address their trauma in a way that resounds within them. We all heal differently, and since mental help is hard for survivors to grasp (given that we lose out on funding that can be contributed to therapy), we're bringing the healing to survivors all over the nation. Our resilience can restore this country if we help each other. WE'VE GOT THIS!!!
- Along with the need to pass new laws that will actually help (instead of restrict) survivors, we believe that the antidote to rape culture is a combination of helping survivors heal and educating society. We are doing both, as well as punctuating the day with an evening of performance art (singing, dancing, spoken word, comedy, etc.) as a form of creative release and celebration following a day of healing. We will be featuring artists within the entertainment industry and inviting local artists to audition to perform as well. This will conclude our conference.
- ***For artists interested in being a part of our inaugural conference, please feel free to email FilmNPhilanthropy@gmail.com.***
- Rape culture thrives off of silence, shame, and fear. We are here to give voice to the voiceless in order to disengage those deterrents. Together, we are the antidote to rape culture.
- We are crowdfunding on iFundWomen to raise funds to host our inaugural conference that we are looking to hold in SEPTEMBER 2020 in Los Angeles, CA. We'll keep you updated as to those specifics in the coming months.
- All of the funding that we receive will go towards securing the venue, flight & hotel reservations, permits & fees, supplies, food for the entire conference, etc. Every penny will be utilized.
- Another reason why we're crowdfunding is to get the word out to those who need to know that this is on its way. So many of us simply need hope to get us through to the next day. My hope is that you join us, and we can uplift each other.
- We have established a partnership with Impact Philanthropy Group in the form of a Fiscal Sponsorship. Therefore, we are eligible to receive tax-exempt funding. For those of you who would rather wire funding to us, feel free to email us at FilmNPhilanthropy@gmail.com so that you can receive those instructions.
Stephanie M. Mosley, Founder of The Antidote Conference
- Hi, I'm Stephanie M. Mosley, and I'm a rape Survivor, Screenwriter / Producer, Singer/Actor, and CEO of Stephanie Marie Vision Productions LLC. I trained in and excelled at Musical Theatre while studying at The University of Alabama; however, I was raped while on a first date during my Freshman year and was never the same. As a result of his abuse and subsequent torment, I formed a panic disorder, which made it impossible for me to perform after years of fighting to overcome PTSD. It's taken me nearly 15 years to find my voice, and I have every intention of helping you find yours.
- You will not find much about me on social media since I've been focusing on getting myself back to being whole over the last 15 years, but I'll improve! My Instagram & Twitter usernames are: @Stephaniemos86.
Our Bold Partners:
Resilience is an independent, not-for-profit organization dedicated to the healing and empowerment of sexual assault survivors through non-judgmental crisis intervention counseling, individual and group trauma therapy, and medical and legal advocacy in the greater Chicago metropolitan area. Resilience provides public education and institutional advocacy in order to improve the treatment of sexual assault survivors and to effect positive change in policies and public attitudes toward sexual assault.
We’re thrilled to begin this journey with such a strong organization by our side! Resilience will be providing our preventative education in an effort to eradicate the mindset of sexual assault for people of all ages.
MANY MORE PARTNERS & LEADERS TO BE ANNOUNCED IN THE COMING WEEKS...
THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR MAKING IT ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM!!! That was A LOT of information. :::High Five!!:::
***If you'd like to work with us in any capacity regarding The Antidote Conference, please feel free to contact us at FilmNPhilanthropy@gmail.com.***
We truly appreciate anything and everything that y'all donate, and I personally can't wait to meet all of you! Stay tuned!!!