We are Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen located in Georgetown Texas. For the last 4 years SHK has manufactured kombucha, apothecary, herbal skin care and healing food products to sell out of our pop-up shop at Wolf Ranch Farmers Market, online and distribute to over 45 retailers throughout Central Texas. We love sharing our passion for natural health through our products and are excited to expand that passion into a commercial kitchen and education center.
Georgetown Texas is a growing community of mixed age and financial demographics. Once considered more of a retirement and rural community, it is now booming with young families to retirees and everyone in between. It is full of beautiful natural spaces, cultural centers, higher education, a historic downtown square and entertainment venues. With so much that Georgetown has to offer, it is lacking in healthy living education available to the public.
We have long had the dream to host a creative space where the community can gather to learn more about living a more natural and mindful life. Through our time at our pop-up shop, we have had the pleasure to get to know many of the talented crafters and experts in their field who call Georgetown and its surrounding areas home. And with these connections we have found each and everyone of these artisans so very passionate about their craft and generous to share their knowledge with the community. In January of 2019 we plan to open the doors of Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen and Education Center giving access to affordable workshops and free lectures in healthy living, hosted by our staff of experts and many of our fellow crafters we have met over the years.
Our center will house a commercial kitchen, available for rent to other small businesses who wish to make their products in a certified kitchen. We will host open studio times for those who wish to practice their food or apothecary craft with the guidance of our in house experts. Outside you will find raised garden beds to teach others how to grow their own food and medicinal plants easily at home. Our workshop schedule will range from fermented foods, healthy cooking, traditional medicine making, natural skin care, gardening, plant crafts, aromatherapy, and natural healing to name a few. Classes will be available from adults to children and offer special programming for the growing homeschooling community here in Central Texas. We will share healthy living tips through our free weekly coffee chats and offer meet up opportunities for families to connect and share their natural living tips with each other. The Center will have a small retail shop where artisans who make products in our kitchens may sell their wares. Part of the retail space will be dedicated to a zero waste bulk area, where patrons and crafters may purchase bulk herbs and spices, waxes, oils and packaging materials to create their products at home or in our kitchen.
Want to know even more details?
- What problem do we solve?
- As the world is becoming more aware of environmental influence on ones health, we find that information available to the public can be confusing and misleading. Our staff has extensive training in nutrition, herbalism, early childhood education, adult education, culinary arts, fine crafts, living off the land, and gardening. SHK will offer socially current, educational opportunities to expand ones knowledge about living a holistic life in harmony with nature.
- Our kitchen will be certified as a commercial kitchen, which there is a lack of in Georgetown and surrounding areas. We will offer membership and kitchen rental opportunities for those who wish to build their brand and grow their own business in food craft and apothecary.
- What is our reach?
- Our market reach will expand outside of our town of Georgetown TX (70,000 pop.). Our neighboring cities of Cedar Park (75,000 pop.) and Round Rock (124,000 pop.) are all within 15-20 miles from Georgetown center. There are limited opportunities for holistic, herbal, and healthy living education in these areas for adults and no opportunities for children. There is a lack of commercial kitchens for crafters to use, which is a requirement for them to sell their product to the public.
- What sets us apart?
- SHK Education Center will act as a curator of experts in their field, to provide the community with relevant healthy living education. We will partner with local crafters and businesses to bring evolving enrichment to the community.
- What will funding be used for?
- Funding raised will provide capital to renovate kitchen with new appliances, work tables and kitchen supplies such as utensils, mixing bowls, cutting boards etc. Raised garden beds will be installed for future students to practice growing edible and medicinal plants. Funds will also be used to beautify our retail space with displays, and procure bulk goods for our zero waste supply room.
- Who is our team?
- Our team consists of 5 Brand Ambassadors throughout Central Texas, who help with sales and on-location demos of our products. Our Brand Ambassadors have experience in holistic health and relative products and will be contributing to our workshop offerings. We currently have 2 Social Media Gurus who help to expand our social footprint and promote events. We also have a team of contractor friends and a helpful engineering hubby to help with building and renovations.
It is our hope to strengthen our community by offering a safe space to learn and explore the the wonders of living naturally and in harmony with nature. From all of us at Sanctuary Holistic Kitchen, we thank you for taking the time to view our campaign and for your generous contribution to our center. And as always, we encourage you to Nourish Your Inner Sanctuary.