My name is Jennifer Sterling. I am a registered dance/movement psychotherapist and holistic nutritionist based in New York City.
I've worked in wellness for 12+ years and my focus has always been nourishment:
- As an allergen-free pastry chef and bakery owner, I nourished my community with safe food options.
- As a nutritionist, I support my community in nourishing themselves by nurturing healthy and flexible relationships with food and eating.
- As a dance/movement psychotherapist, I create space for deep emotional nourishment.
While each of these options is available to my clients and patients, I understand that dance/movement psychotherapy isn't available or accessible to everyone. With that in mind, my moving meditation album will allow more folx to explore intuitive movement and creative expression in an accessible manner. It will also afford everyone with a tool for emotion regulation outside of therapy or a doctor's office — with so many people without quality healthcare in the US, access to therapeutic resources is essential.
My previous album, Linger, was self-funded. However, I am seeking funding for NOURISH because I simply cannot afford to do it alone.
NOURISH will include:
- 10 guided moving meditation tracks
- 10 instrumental tracks
- Music by award winning, multi-instrumentalist, and Alvin Ailey musician, William Catanzaro
Funds raised will be used to pay William for his musical genius and cover the cost of studio rental for recording.
This is what was possible when recording at home. I'm hoping the next album can be a step above!