Design the Life You Love Role Model Campaign
We invite brands and organizations that love our mission to honor women from their team. These women will be featured and celebrated as a "Design the Life You Love Role Model" - their story will be featured on My Social Canvas to inspire the Gen Z girls in our community. We will invite each Design the Life You Love role model to write a short letter sharing advice to their younger self. The college and high school girls of MSC will read advice from women that are designing the life they love!
About My Social Canvas:
We’re BUILDING A GLOBAL community of Gen Z girls. This community of entrepreneurs, designers, and change-makers are the heart of our company.
Every product we make is designed by her or inspired by HER voice. It is our goal to reach 10 M Gen Z girls by 2020. This campaign helps us achieve these goals by:
- Supporting the growth of our campus program at 300+ colleges and high schools nationwide.
- Allow us to reach more Gen Z girls to help them design the life they love!
Meet the women and girls of MSC – our Campus Community
Learn more about the problem we are solving:
1. Lisa Mayer, Founder/CEO: Lisa started her career as a National Accounts Director at an Inc. 500 fastest growing startup. She ranked #1 on a sales team of 100 and was promoted within 3 months. Prior to launching MSC, Lisa worked in brand partnerships at Chegg. (Silicon Valley Tech Startup) and has created profitable partnerships with brands such as Nordstrom.
2. Marlice Johnson, CMO: Marlice Johnson is a Marketing Executive, with 15+ years of experience in successfully connecting the dots between creative prowess, consumer needs, and GTM execution in the global market, as previously demonstrated through delivering large scale campaigns for Mitchell & Ness, NIKE, Red Bull, T-Mobile, and LG Electronics respectively. Although hands-on experience in marketing is invaluable on its own, becoming an EMBA graduate from Thunderbird provided Marlice with great depth when it comes to different regulatory systems and business environments necessary for applied global management, as well as a c-level network around the world.
3. Laura Parker, VP of Business Development: Laura has 6 years of experience with social enterprises. As the first hire at a previous social-impact startup, she brought in $1MM in revenues within 2.5 years as the only employee focused on sales, tripling the company’s revenues YoY. With MSC, she focuses on growing our wholesale accounts, brand partnerships, and overall distribution.
4. Yasmeen Munasser - Tech Advisory Board & Full Stack Developer - Queens College student, Computer Science Major.