A B O U T
Modest Girlz is a brand that caters to Modest women who’s looking for good quality products without compromising her faith or breaking the bank. We aim high to make sure you are happy with your products and receive the best customer service support while choosing Modest Girlz to shop with.
Modest Girlz was founded by Ricketta Pryce a female entrepreneur, published author, a hard-working mother of four. Who started Modest Girlz to embark on a new endeavor that would not only compromise her faith, but to help others women. Modest Girlz is not only a brand, it's a life style. We aim to empower and encourage women through our journey together.
T H E M I S S I O N
- The mission behind opening a brick and mortar retail store is #1 there aren't any muslim modest clothing stores in the mall. There aren't many stores that cater to the muslim community. There are a lot of online stores selling hijabs/modest clothing, however locally there's few. I can't walk into my local mall and purchase a hijab, or an abaya. To be able to provide a unique shopping experience to our local customers that they can't experience online. To create accessibility for our customers and most importantly, inclusion. Modest Girlz will be the first muslim women clothing store in the mall. The mission is to be able to open our first location, and to be able to provide our local customers with these special clothing and essentials that they can hardly find, only by shopping online.
- The Founder|CEO currently operates out of her home, as most small time business owners usually do in the beginning stages. With your help, you can help her open up a brick and mortar retail store where the inventory can be stored, a better office space, create more awareness for the brand, and more help that means hiring women!
- Modest Girlz is all about providing customers with good customer service, high quality products at an affordable price. We want you to be able to shop and to still have money in the bank.
T H E P R O B L E M
- Currently there aren't any stores that specialize in Islamic/modest clothing inside the mall, such as carrying abayas, hijabs etc...
- There are not enough stores in Massachusetts that cater to Muslim only like one or two.
- Local customers usually end up ordering online for their clothing & daily essentials.
S O L U T I O N
- Modest Girlz is the solution. By being the first muslim women owned store in the South Shore Plaza mall, it helps to really put our local customers problems to an end. Being the first in the mall to carry these products is unique and makes our customers lives much easier. To think about our customers and to be able to create a store that they need is immediately a solution this problem.
- It solves our local customers from having to go online to shop, even if they do shop online they can always come to the store and do an easier exchange in the store rather than paying shipping cost to ship the item back, and wait for a new package to arrive in the mail.
- We solve money problems as well. For example, it helps stops our local customers from having to order a dress online and overseas for EID| Ramadan and when they get their package. 9/10 they probably can't fit the item, they have to either take a loss because it may cost more to ship the product back or they have to ship it back and it gets costly as mentioned before. Modest Girlz cuts that out of the picture, you don't need to order online any more for your modest clothing, it's just one mall away. And free exchange/returns.
F U N D I N G
- I am seeking funding because I don't want to go into debt or take out a loan to open up this store. It's hard getting funding from a bank or an sba loan for your new business venture or to get funds to expand. I find that crowdfunding is a better option and safer way. Especially when people can donate money and receive either a thank you note/shout out or products in exchange for the money they are giving you.
- Just as mentioned above I don't want to go into debt opening this amazing store, I will be solving a huge problem and just like iFundwomen mentioned on their website they are also solving a huge problem and they've done alot of work to help women create campaigns and also get funded. According to iFundwomen, "Women are starting businesses 4.8 times faster than the national average, yet there is a complete lack of funding options to get our businesses off the ground, and growing, without putting us into debt. Only 1% of businesses, regardless of the gender of the founder, will ever raise venture capital. So, how do 99% of businesses get their startup funding? We max out our credit cards or try to take out a bank loan, and nobody should go into debt funding the early days of your business."
- The money raised will go towards securing the location for Modest Girlz Brick and Mortar location, which is located in the South Shore Plaza Mall in Braintree, Massachusetts. We could purchase fixtures/mannequins that are needed for our new location. Of course inventory and we will also be able to expand our brand by adding more Modest clothing\hijabs and new items to our online store to serve our online loyal customers as well. The funds will also go towards hiring a team of women who would love to help grow Modest Girlz.
Born and raised in Boston, Massachusetts. Ricketta Pryce wasn't always a muslim, until a couple of years ago when she converted to Islam. However she has been wanting to open up a clothing store for the longest. And when she became Muslim, gave up her passion to pursue a new dream and that's when Modest Girlz was born. Not ideally wanting an online store but that was a start and she has big visions for Modest Girlz. To be the first to open a Muslim Women's clothing store in a mainstream mall, to empower women throughout her journey and to hire women, create a team and build a legacy.
As the CEO of Modest Girlz I do everything, from packaging the online orders, order inventory, handle all the emails and etc. looking forward to bringing on a team of women who are looking forward to helping Modest Girlz grow. If you have supported this campaign in any way, I truly appreciate it. Now let's get this brick and mortar store open!
Unique Interesting Facts