"Let's Pull Together"
The Harambee Collective is back with another crowdfund campaign. I am so proud of this community and the growth we have experienced during our first month.
So far we've...
- Finalized both our personal and Mighty Networks website!
- Gained over 60 committed members!
- Engaged our members in two months of content that included yoga sessions, virtual cocktail hours, intimate conversations, love letter writing workshops, webinars on financial literacy, resume writing, live poetry performances, photography webinars, and guided journaling sessions! And that only captures a fraction of the content members have explored!
- Featured numerous Womxn of Color creatives and practitioners from around the country.
- Launched our writing club and our book club!
- Hosted a number of virtual public facing events with over 500 womxn registered!
- Hosted our first in-person local event in Brooklyn.
The Harambee Collective is committed to creating a community space for Womxn of Color (WOC) who want to practice Harambee. Harambee is a Kenyan term that means "Let's pull together". In action, The Harambee Collective is a community where WOC pull together their resources, energy, and knowledge to ensure that the womxn of our community are loved, seen, and supported. We stand firm in the belief that Womxn of Color do not have to navigate this world alone. The stress of isolation and loneliness have been heightened due to this pandemic and we work to directly combat that experience. If someone identifies as (1) a WOC and (2) as a WOC who is committed to uplifting other WOC then The Harambee Collective is a space for you! In our community we share information about upcoming jobs, events, workshops, grant opportunities, you name it! When womxn need support or affirmation they turn to the community for support. Each details of our community is designed to inform and uplift our members.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
Every member receives a 1:1 on-boarding conversation with Kisha Howell, the founder of The Harambee Collective. In these conversations the members share their interests, passions, and curiosities. Members explain were they are in life, what they need from The Harambee Collective, and what gifts they can offer to the collective. With this information, experiences, live and recorded webinars, networking opportunities, blogs, community offerings, workshops, career fairs, and interest groups are curated. Each month members are offered themed content that promotes their personal and professional growth. We also offer public facing events each month. Here are a few of the opportunities we've curated for the public.
Our theme for the month of September is "Passion Projects". Each member chose a passion project that they'd like to bring to fruition. Content has been curated to ensure that this happens! Here's what we have planned:
- Wednesday Write Night: The Pitch
- Level Up Your LinkedIn Virtual Workshop
- Hustle Healthy: A Live Vegan Cooking Show
- Intimate Conversation Series for Bi Femme & Bi Curious Womxn of Color
- Intimate Conversation Series: Mommy Edition
- Workshops that guide members to create their own businesses! These workshops range from learning about the LLC process to creating holistic branding strategies.
- Creatives Meet Up
- Yoga & Pilates Sessions
- And the list goes on (And that's ONLY a fraction of this months content! On top of that there are blogs and the community we're fostering inside our Mighty Networks site!)
The month of September will guide members through the process of taking their passion projects from idea to fruition! Members will be able to work with coaches, speakers, and dynamic Womxn of Color leaders to create a clear action plan that will bring their passion projects to life.
*The money donated to this crowdfund campaign will sustain the content of our virtual community. Funding will be utilized to support Womxn of Color creatives from around the country, to produce Harambee Collective events (virtual retreats and summits), to launch our Harambee Collective merchandise, hire an accountant, and solidify our marketing strategy.