Social Capital Mission
ShopGratzi is a Social Commerce platform to discover and buy value-matched boutique brands while rewarding the recommender, someone’s trusted peer. We are creating a sacred economy - a safe, friendly shopping experience that ends with a Gratzi (a gift of gratitude) $$$ that can be used to buy more products or be sent to a favorite charity. ShopGratzi is activating tech-altruism, creating a more harmonious online shopping experience for all parties involved.
Amazon and online commerce have taken over the shopping experience, which makes creating brand awareness difficult. The existing solution is online advertising, which is predatory, creating consumer distrust and infiltrating most social platforms. There's no central "safe" way for people to truthfully recommend the brands they love and be rewarded for doing so.
The Sloth doesn’t know that although he purchased the hat from a random online retailer, his hat could have been made by child sloth labor.
ShopGratzi solves the problem by disrupting the advertising model ‘norm’ where content and social influence is driven by advertising dollars. Instead, we reward true peer recommenders with a high % rebate from the retailers as a thank you for bringing their friend as a new customer. The model is a triple win proposition and a new economic play, that anchors Gratitude in every transaction. We believe that more for me, also means more for you.
By purchasing through ShopGratzi, Geo was educated by his friend that 20% of price of the hat purchased, was donated to his local jungle community.
Quote from an online retailer "Alexandra Kavanah, I just read and watched your video. Fascinating!!! And so timely. This for me cuts through ‘all the static’ as a small business owner, to find like minded customers via your existing customers. I’ve always believed in growing my businesses from a core group of people on the assumption they also know similar types of people. This encapsulates all of that. It fits the local and global paradigm beautifully." - Jodi Cleghorn, Soullyrical.com
ShopGratzi has been in the making for over 2 years. Our story, our plan, our intentions are all well thought out. Check out the journey from concept to now.
- Leading the way in creating a more connected, united & co-creative sharing society
- Creating a tool/portal to access expanded consciousness ( consumers + retailers)
- Supporting retailers to reach like-minded new customers
- Bringing encouragement and support to people following their dreams (online makers & retail stores)
- To lead the change in connecting people to their hearts first then to each other's hearts
- To lead the way in unity as individual and business expression
Why are we seeking crowd funding?
ShopGratzi is a Start-up and our entry cost is low. After a year of surveying, investigating possibilities and receiving bids for $60k - $350k, thanks to one of our friends, we were introduced to technology with heart that will allow us to launch in a very short time period. We don’t need much, $25K-$55K will get us our shiny new platform. (Keep scrolling for details) Our goal is to grassroots build our base, as our team works overtime to connect the dots. Once we are able to provide a credible pathway and establish month over month income we will finally be sexy enough for angel investors to come play in our sacred sandbox. Or we will receive an overflow of support and enthusiasm from ShopGratzi users everywhere, and we will grow this platform organically, authentically and with no outer interference. Only the future knows what in store which is why we are so excited to FUND this platform for the people, by the people. #1000peoplewhocare
How will we do this?
- Providing a structure that supports this united, connected and co-creative retail and shopping experience
- Allowing consumers to have a say in how they spend their money and who they support with their values
- Providing a neutral space of expanded consciousness that can be evolved and grown by society. Continuously asking how do individuals and retailers want to contribute to this consciousness?
- Inviting in other conscious players (partnerships, staff, investors, advocates, retailers, consumers)
- Providing hopes and dreams for the future
- Being determined and strong in bringing this new leadership model through
How our Biz Model Works
ShopGratzi is a Platform & Education Portal
Facilitates the structure of sharing through supportive and value-based spending interactive and open to expansion and change (not limited)
- Conscious Consumerism
- A connected approach to spending through sharing (with others, charities)
- How to bring more unity and connection into the retail experience
- How to do good while spending (sustainable model companies)
- Allowing your values to be an extension of your spending
- Spending through values
- Circular approach
Our software is not just an App, its a community, a tribe, technology with heart.
• Creating a new model of participation
• Sharing and connecting on a new level
• Bringing a new awareness to spending
• Adding a sharing aspect into consumerism
• Supporting companies doing good
• Honesty and appreciation
• Supporting growth and evolution of individual and society
• Bridging the gap of disconnected and unconscious spending
• Thinking about others when spending for recommendations to allow them to benefit
• Co-creation an economy through friends/communities
• Putting people in a position to control their own destiny
• Giving people back the power of spending
• Acknowledging when good actions are being done (sharing and get reward, retailers)
Our Rockstar Team
From the CEO:
This was an idea given to me by the great spirit. My role is as the conduit and the guide. The foundation however, is the people for which it is designed. We are strong together, in unity, operating in collaboration not competition. I am honored to lead this charge to support all of our ideas, courage, endurance and beliefs as we make known the unknown through our own passionate endeavors as entrepreneurs and independents forging a more rewarding path, than the one handed down to us. I was told to Dream Bigger and that dream is ShopGratzi. It may not be for everyone because it is tuned to the frequency of goodwill, not only profit. My intentions are pure, authentic and hopeful that everyone will join ShopGratzi to celebrate our individuality and dedication to living the life we were designed to live. Thank you for your participation in this co-creative process.
Blessingz & gratitude,
Thank you for backing this project. Together we can forge a path capable of changing timelines. Your participation is a footprint in reality, like the spots on our beloved giraffe Geo, which are his fingerprints. All we need is #1000peoplewhocare about my dream.
GEO is ShopGratzi's icon because of the sacred meaning of the Giraffe, foresight. It's so easy to get our noses stuck to the ground and only pay attention to what's right in front of us. This is especially true when the world is making hundreds of demands on us and there's no time to stop and assess how we are making our choices. The delusions of urgency that grip so many humans prevent us from looking ahead, from taking the time to look into the future and consider the consequences of our present actions.
ShopGratzi is taking a hard look at the consequences of continued mindless shopping, without caring about what the future holds. Our giraffe can see over it all and is connecting us the now, where we can make bold choices to support brands/products and makers who are conscious in their manufacturing, businesses and contributions to our planet. We want to highlight them and reward them.The giraffe is asking us if we are resisting change. If we become too complacent or stagnant, we will find our planetary life more difficult.
If you have read this far, than you are our tribe. You know what it means to make a footprint forward and we THANK YOU. Gratzi from the future, the one where our planet not only survives, it thrives.
Thank you our initiate Crowd-Fund Backers! Pam Poholsky, Whitney Freya, Suzanne Hanna, Marsha Piper, Nancy Poholsky.
Thank you to my partner Jennie for bringing the enthusiasm and experience.
Thank you to all my advisors, listed and not listed, who have shown up to help this entrepreneur with a dream.
Thank you to Charles Eisenstein for his sacred inspiration.
Thank you to all the blessed beings who have contributed to my very own sacred path, to stay afloat while I see this dream through Kate, Sarah, Anne & Paul, Christina, Kelly, Michelle, Suzanne, Mur & Chad, just to name a few.
Thank you to Layla, for loving me during the hustle.
Thank you to the #1000peoplewhocared!
What do excited ShopGratzi fans have to say about it?
(created in 2018, vintage logo)