My name is Carolyn. I am a mother, a wife, and a hard worker. My weakness is that I can not disengage. If I have my mind set on something, I won't stop until I get to my goal. At the moment my goal is to open my own DIY Craft Store. I know in my soul that I am my own boss and I have great ideas to share with world. As I am struggling through so many obstacles of starting my own company, I keep trying to find other solutions to my problems. I do not come from wealth nor have the guidance that others might have in starting their own business. I work full time, 40+ hours, and full time at home after work. We are a basic middle-low income family where 2 parents have to work in order to survive. I don't come from a lot and don't ask for a lot, but I am needing help. Maybe someone who has been in the same struggle as me would understand. It is so hard to borrow money without money to make money. The vicious cycle which makes others give up, but not me. I am determine somehow and some way to prove to myself that I can do it and to show my kids that even if you were born into poverty, you can still make it, just don't give up!
I want to open my own DIY Craft Place. A place where anyone can come to do their own craft on their own time. A place where you express yourself in different media without signing up for a class to determine how much time or which media you have to work with. I want to start a place where those who are not fortunate or have the means to purchase a crafting equipment, they can come test it out before making a hefty investment. Why invest in money in items you don't know how to use for it to sit in your close to collect dust? I also want to provide a space where people can be creative besides their garage or their kitchen.
DIY Craft Place’s mission is to provide the necessary space, equipment, and materials required by advent local community members and entry-level DIY craft entrepreneurs. DIY Craft Place’s philosophy is to turn dreams into reality by enabling those who wish to learn and prosper to get their craft on all in one place.
DIY Craft Place’s construction emphasizes its unique features of space, trial run opportunities, and the creation of either keepsakes or merchandise. Additionally:
- Utilizes latest craft and DIY trends to maximize marketable target groups.
- Located in a highly affluent area where even the high school and college target groups can afford services rendered for both big and small services.
- Utilizes pre-established rapport on social media platforms as a community member to increase exposer and brand name.
- Low maintenance and labor fees leaves larger margin for profit return.
- Crafting aids in anxiety and provides a sense of purpose.
- Consumers are able to create as much mess as is necessary without the need to cleanup.
- No need to travel extensively for products or supplies.
- When inspired, employees are train to show customers how to make their craft dreams a reality.
- Kid friendly environment with little risk to consumer (i.e. mess and drawing on furniture, walls, or doors).
- Opportunities for team building space and experience.
- I am needing the funds in order to put down a down payment for a small business loan. I am needing a business loan in order to build out my space (which is an open space concept, hvac, and restroom.) the rest of the money will go into buying equipment, start-up materials, and misc supplies.
- Thank you for taking your time to read my campaign. I hope you can help someone like me to make my dreams come true! You have a fantastic day either way!