At The Culture Lab, we aim to provide a productive space where book heads, intellectuals, entrepreneurs, and creatives alike can take advantage of entrepreneurial resources and workshops to launch their own dreams. A community space created for us, by us.
It is a space for work and play and fills a gap addressed by no other business in the First State.
Through her work as a middle school educator, our CEO saw the everyday struggle in her community with not only literacy and but the lack of freedom in creative expression and education in economics due to sparse resources and systematic disadvantages
- Delaware is the home to 80% of the countries Fortune 500 companies but less than 5% of its businesses are minority-owned.
What We Offer:
- The Culture Lab is a community-based co-working space designed to provide resources such as high-speed internet, desk space, podcast/conference room access, printing equipment, design software, and educational workshops on business start-ups, financial literacy, and community awareness.
- The Culture Lab includes a bookstore and cafe which is open to the public.
- Desk space and resource amenities are available on a membership basis
- Daily Passes for $10
- Resource Only Monthly Membership $49
- Desk Space for $99 a month/ $49 for students (Dover, DE is a college town home to Delaware State University (HBCU) and Wesley College.
- The Culture Lab is seeking funding for location and build-out. We believe in the economic advancement and empowerment of our community. The Culture Lab is interested in like-minded investors who can help us make our idea, space, and community bigger. We believe finding investors who share our values and believe in our vision are a core part of our future growth and success.
We're creating a physical space where our creative community can work, meet, and connect with other like-minded creatives. Amenities include:
- Cozy, luxe furnishings conducive to work and play.
- A private podcast room for recording
- A fresh rotating selection of food and beverage for purchase; freshly made coffee and tea, as well as a selection of wine.
- A fully outfitted conference room, photo and multi-service printing, and Free Wi-Fi.
- A great sound system with your favorite music from your favorite artists.
A rich calendar of programming and events. Learning opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Empowering workshops across a variety of topics: personal finance, entrepreneurship, creative expression, etc.
- Lecture series with authors, artists, activists, and entrepreneurs about politics, culture, and art.
The Culture Lab was founded by a Navy veteran turned middle school math teacher. While working in education she came to the realization that the world that many of the people in her community were trying to succeed in was designed for them to succeed, and she decided it was time to build her own. She is driven by a cause much larger than herself - to create a personal and professional haven for creatives in her community.