‘’See a need; help provide a solution’’
Bringing Life To Seniors, LLC is a start-up company with a mission: to reinvigorate, restore and breathe new life into the senior population. Recent studies have shown the quality of life for seniors are enhanced when given a daily dosage of love, companionship, safety, and most importantly the ability to maintain independent living within their homes. Our primary goal focuses on seniors and families within under-served communities- while still assisting any senior in need. According to statistics seniors within these communities not only lack proper care they also lack the resources for proper care. The mental health of seniors frequently gets swept underneath a retired rug. This in return makes their mental health become overlooked or untreated. This becomes a problem. Mental stress may result in an individual developing a mental disorder at any age however; seniors may experience the highest level of cognitive mental disorders amongst the two. Anxiety, depression & mental stress worsens over time, which has the possibility of diminishing one’s quality of life. Bringing Life To Seniors is here to bring back & restore our senior’s wellness with your assistance. Bringing Life To Seniors operates in two phases.
Bringing Life To Seniors at home senior care services provides clients with a specialized Personal Senior Care Assistant who's pre-screened, bonded & insured for family’s protection. This allows families to get the rest and personal time needed while ensuring their loved one is safe and happy. Bringing Life To Seniors at home senior care provides non-medical senior care, memory care, & personal care services customized to fit our individual client’s needs. Services consist of:
- Light Housework- kitchen, living room, bedroom and bathroom.
- Laundry, feeding, & medication reminders.
- Caregivers help clients make and keep appointments with doctors, while serving as a companion & listening ear.
- We ensure our clients safe travels while accompanying them to doctors/dentist/eye visits while also taking notes for family members.
- Our caregivers assist seniors in maintaining a clean space for days in advance.
- Nutritional meal prep & planning is offered to senior clients while having free access to the company’s blog to assist with suggested dietary needs per medical condition.
- Care-givers begin food preparation for the following day if part of assigned shift duties.
- Serve meals to senior client's during assigned shift as scheduled.
- FREE participation in Senior day activities that can take place either inside the home or on the company sponsored Social Day.
- We also provide to and from transportation services to; health screenings, grocer trips, company sponsored activities, and more.
- Seniors who are in need with maintaining their quality of living have the option of participating in our monthly necessity assistance program.
Beginning Spring 2018 Bringing Life To Seniors will begin renting our temporary office space access to expressways, ample parking, 7 day a week security services, and a large conference facility to host our senior social day outings with your assistance. This temporary space will serve as an opportunity to grow the business and set a strong foundation to begin Phase two operations.
Company Owned Transportation Vehicles
A beneficial service we provide to our senior clients is to and from transportation services. Care-givers are required to have a current driver’s license and insurance to cover passengers. With your assistance Bringing Life To Seniors will be able to purchase a passenger mini bus & a mobility van with wheel chair lifts to assist seniors who are sometimes restricted from interacting socially & physically due to transportation restrictions.
Senior Social Day
Senior social day activities are an added service enabling senior clients to stay active- these activities are sponsored by Bringing Life To Seniors. Many seniors lack the social experiences, entertainment and companionship with like-minded seniors. Bringing Life To Seniors- primary focus is Life Enrichment for our senior clients. We focus on social, emotional, physical, spiritual and educational wellness. We enjoy watching our senior’s grow, move, connect, explore, and expand their horizons at their own pace. We do understand there are times where senior clients are restricted to indoors- Bringing Life To Seniors sponsor indoor activities with our seniors through their assigned care-giver. Some activities require space rental, or simply signing seniors up for upcoming senior classes held at a local facility. With your assistance we can ensure all senior activities will be funded and safe for our seniors. Some examples of social day activities for our seniors are listed below:
- Mental Gymnastics or Brain health activities- computerized games, puzzles, crosswords, painting, karaoke, creative arts, book clubs, Wii Sports and board games.
- Gardening- therapeutic and self-reflecting activity either at a senior day outing or they’ll simply enjoy personal indoor gardening with caregivers.
- Senior Day Outings- Exploring all what Illinois has to offer our Seniors! Each trip is a new adventure and changes monthly. We coordinate trips to the museums, theaters, restaurants, lectures, and more.
- Fitness- Staying strong and healthy through fitness classes is a healthy way to aging. We ensure the classes are enjoyable ranging from: Strength Training, Tai Chi, Swimming, Water Aerobics, Chair Dancing, and more.
- Cooking classes- seniors have the ability of sitting back & enjoying an easy to do cooking class.
Sponsor a Senior in need
Bringing Life To Seniors provides a monthly necessity assistance program to assist senior clients who may need assistance with maintaining a quality lifestyle. With your assistance this will help ensure seniors who need simple things such as: toiletries, laundry care, food, co- pay assistance for medications and more.
Phase two is the final step in adding to the success of Bringing Life To Seniors. Marketing and advertising for a start-up company is a very important factor for future success. During Phase One assistance is needed with reaching our seniors through social events “at no cost to them’’, social media, their favorite newspapers, radio, ads, direct mail and more.
What sets Bringing Life To Seniors apart from the rest- we’re not your typical at home senior care provider. We’re in the primary stages of opening a full-service senior center. With your assistance and lending hand Bringing Life To Seniors will have the opportunity to purchase land to build our senior center or begin redeveloping a property suited for our senior clients. This will begin our (Phase Two) operations. Bringing Life To Seniors will still offer At Home Senior Care services along with all mentioned services within Phase One. In addition to; we'll also offer: Adult Day Services to assist seniors in need of physical rehabilitation & companion care outside the home. We'll offer Senior Community Membership passes to seniors who can move around without care-giving services but lack the social experiences, entertainment & companionship with like minded seniors. The facility will be fully equipped with an indoor fitness facility, swimming pool, garden hall, wheel chair accessibility and a center where senior day activities will take place. In addition, we'll be fully staffed to provide medical care services through our licensed Health Aides, CNA's, Registered Nurses, Physical & Occupational Therapist, Activity Leaders & More. Our main goal is to provide seniors with the affordable option to enjoy the luxuries & amenities of an assisted living facility, at a lower rate, while still having the ability to reside at home. We believe in helping all who wishes to move forward with improving their quality of life. We invite you to become a part of this very important movement Bringing Life To Seniors has begun.
Meet the Founder & CEO of Bringing Life To Seniors, LLC.
Yvonne Boone, MBA *Certified Gerontologist & PhD Student*
To learn more about her please visit- www.bringinglifetoseniors.com